1. Diderot's rating of the film The Tingler

Absolutely enjoyable for what it is and for what Castle wanted it to be. It's a gimmick through and through, and that's precisely its charm. The loveliest part of it is that Vincent Price is so perfect a movie star (one of the most perfect there ever was) that he plays it in full seriousness.

2. jenstor's rating of the film The Tingler

Genuinely terrifying, still

3. Log Lady's rating of the film The Tingler

I kind of feel cheated that I didn't see this in a movie theater, but on the other hand, is it a good thing for a film to rely so much on interactivity? Castle's schlock horror does work on its own, but it's also quite slow in getting into the point. The bathroom scene does elevate this above many others, though, along with the presence of Vincent Price (seriously, what film would he honestly drag down?).

4. Frank's rating of the film The Tingler

Saw this, gimmicks and all during a film fest. great fun and audience participation. I doubt it would have had the same enjoyment level watching at home. However Price is at his campy sinister best here.

5. Diego Carrera's rating of the film The Tingler

The funniest metaphor for fear.

6. TheotherJones's rating of the film The Tingler

Not only is the plot ridiculous in a non-fun way, the whole "Tingler is in the theater" stuff is absurd. If the idea is the audience is supposed to be representative of the real audience, why in the world would anyone cut the lights (twice!) when a creature is there? You would turn ON the lights. Also, I got pretty sick of hearing the word "tingler" 7,000 times.

7. Sandy Connell's rating of the film The Tingler

I don't suppose I'd be the first to observe that the title of this movie sounds suspiciously like a fantastic condom.

8. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Tingler

Hokey, gimmicky, preposterous, and cheesy but....ultimately hilarious and entertaining with thanks from Price's straight-faced performance, Evelyn's silent-film inspired mute woman, and the laughable creature itself.

9. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film The Tingler

"Cause of Death: Fright!" Yes! Absolutely yes!

10. João-Pedro Cordeiro's rating of the film The Tingler

oh, I'd love to have seen this movie at a theatre when it premiered. must have been a terrific experience.

11. davehalb's rating of the film The Tingler

Features a scene where Vincent Price takes acid. Need I say more?

12. MarcH's rating of the film The Tingler

Damn, that dream sequence (LSD trip?) was quite a shock...that had to have scared the kids back in the day.

13. SALESK's rating of the film The Tingler

Nobody does sardonic mad scientist like Price. Seeing this in a theater with Castle's original goofy special effects was one of the best viewing experiences of my life.

14. Aimee's rating of the film The Tingler

SCREAM!!! SCREAM FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!! haha

15. Nancy Pryor's rating of the film The Tingler

Another movie, like Children of the Damned, that scared the crap out of me as a child.

16. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Tingler

The cheap horror showman William Castle had the uncanny Vincent Price in this fun classic b-movie. very interesting premise despite its campyness.

17. James Montenegro's rating of the film The Tingler