1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Traveler

2. Kamran's rating of the film The Traveler

Kiarostami's debut feature shows a great deal of compassion as it traces the boundary between obedience and dissent. 70/100 - Good

3. mubianer's rating of the film The Traveler

Kiarostami's style is not fully formed yet, but you see moments of his great simplicity.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Traveler

Un des premiers longs métrages d'Abbas Kiarostami distribué hors de son pays... www.cinefiches.com

5. grotescsetorg's rating of the film The Traveler

6. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film The Traveler

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Traveler

A nice precursor of things to come from one of cinema's greatest masters.

8. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Traveler

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Traveler

It's weird, the charm of a kid movie with all the grim tense cringey empathy elicited by some Born Loser Making Bad Decisions flick... I'm not sure it was the most effective mix. Still, easy; never a chore to watch, despite the story's lack of conceptual nuance. (I thought it would've made a good sick-in-bed choice.) And some moments of such ecstatic cinematography that it's worth the mediocre bits, anyway. A low 3.

10. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Traveler

he was not a bad kid , his world was so small and isolated one. Because he doesnt know anything except football game. He discovers other sports at stadium when he escaped to tehran. For this reason we cant blame him easily, director is protecting this kid with adding these scenes on editing.

11. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Traveler

We;re the kid who's left behind...

12. Joel's rating of the film The Traveler

An elegant little touching tale of youth and the lengths we go to fulfill our esteemed desires. Like most Kiarostami the journey is more than the ultimate destination.

13. Mikel Guillen's rating of the film The Traveler

14. Jon's rating of the film The Traveler

Excellent camerawork highlights this greatly moving early Kiarostami.

15. Mike Spence's rating of the film The Traveler

Though nowhere near his best work it's still miles ahead of The 400 Blows.

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Traveler

17. Thirdi Canggi's rating of the film The Traveler

400 Blows was made 15 years before. Kind of hard, not to make some comparisons. But this is a different side of the world, and The Traveler is a closer world to me.

18. Algitya's rating of the film The Traveler

Yay! to the music. it's re-usable!

19. João Eça's rating of the film The Traveler

moralist version of the 400 hundred blows, badly done, with sentimental music and a goddamn irritating kid. some good scenes prevent it from being all-bad.

20. All Is Grace's rating of the film The Traveler

Astonishing indeed... And the music theme re-used in Close-Up? Pretty sensational moment.

21. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film The Traveler

That's got to be one of the saddest endings ever. Still, miles ahead of The 400 Blows? Wow, I think not... Savvy