1. Drew.'s rating of the film The Travelling Players

Remarkable camerawork can't make up for a tedious pace that lacks motivation and the film's rampant misogyny. Based on the two Angelopoulos films I've seen, the only dramatic scenes he likes to include are of sexual assault. No thank you. I'll let the rest of you enjoy this guy and I'll be on my way.

2. Mert Kaya's rating of the film The Travelling Players

one of the greatest movies ever made, pure art, only problem was hardship to follow characters. 4.75 from "opposite shore"

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Travelling Players

Une oeuvre essentielle du cinéma mondial, qui dégage une pertinente réflexion politique sur une page dramatique de l'histoire de la Grèce, totalement maîtrisée dans sa forme, son discours, servie et soutenue par la magistrale interprétation de ses comédiens et la richesse dialectique de son déroulement... www.cinefiches.com

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Travelling Players

5. josh scam's rating of the film The Travelling Players

unwatchable and totally perfect

6. Hira's rating of the film The Travelling Players

7. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Travelling Players

the most important parts described with speech based on witnesses' observations like a tale. Director doesnt want to focus rhum immigration from anatolia or scenes of carnage occurred during the civil war days.the characters are very obscure and it is difficult to adopt in film. İt seems like kusturica's underground but more tarkovskyesque and serious one.

8. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Travelling Players

All kinds of incredible. The most enjoyable 4 hour movie ever.

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Travelling Players

Watching this (finally!) I kept wondering what Angelopoulos would make of the current crises in Greece, and Europe more generally. The images imply connections with what came after.

10. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Travelling Players

Difficult to follow. 3,5 for now

11. Roberto Carlos's rating of the film The Travelling Players

12. F.Bieberkopf's rating of the film The Travelling Players

The greatest Greek film by the last modernist.

13. Stevie's rating of the film The Travelling Players

This definitely requires patience as Angelopoulos remains unflinchingly consistent to this artistic vision. The tracking shots are fantastic, starting in one period and ending in another. I'm not sure how Angelopoulos has remained so relatively unknown.

14. Ronja's rating of the film The Travelling Players

Angelopoulos is doing small miracles with light in this film; light which makes a strange contrast to the murkiness of the actual plot.

15. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Travelling Players

My first Theodoros Angelopoulos film... this was a harrowing epic that looks at World War II in the most passive way I have ever seen. And it is just that which makes this film special!

16. Gylfi's rating of the film The Travelling Players

Work of art, pure joy. The mysterious quality this exceptional film possesses is what I loved the most. It's almost as if the ghosts of the past (the travelling players and the other townspeople) are walking through history that has already happened. But don't think of it as a difficult or inaccessible film, just let it speak for itself and you will be transfixed on the screen in amazement. Very highly recommended.

17. Stathis Athanasiou's rating of the film The Travelling Players

This is a 3.5 hour movie. Yet I can see it with the same excitement as the first time. And cry like I cried the first time.

18. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film The Travelling Players

Only 80 odd scenes this really is filmaking of the highest order

19. Nick Block's rating of the film The Travelling Players

Angelopoulos' tracking shots are the best in all of cinema. The masterful choreography in his work is stunning.

20. Les films du miroir magique's rating of the film The Travelling Players

Je le revois pour la troisième fois et c'est un ravissement.

21. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film The Travelling Players

One of the best films I've ever seen. I could watch four more hours of it.

22. Blue K, Custodian of the Cinema's rating of the film The Travelling Players