1. mootz15's rating of the film The Treasure

a cringeworthy sentimental ending to an otherwise unpretentious and actually funny comedy of manners.

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Treasure

3. cartoon.motion@yahoo.com's rating of the film The Treasure

4. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Treasure

2,5 Can just hypothesize if Porumboiu wished to extemporize on the noted Hasidic account regarding the man who enrolls in a faraway town treasure hunt and learns that wealth is hidden at his home (Costi's family), or routine perusing through knights & open-handed outlaws stories determines a Quixotesque transformation into one, or the ending proposes what nasty clichés about E. Europe preclude (voice in the audience:

5. jessetaylor's rating of the film The Treasure

I love Romanian cinema - it always has a great sense of realism by way of its general quotidian quality. This is definitely a simple film, but it feels present and it feels real. It does wear thin somewhere along the way, however, and what could have been a great story ended up fairly unremarkable. I get the simplicity, but a twist or even one misstep in the characters' quest could have added some needed excitement.

6. -REM-'s rating of the film The Treasure

7. Inês Moreira Santos's rating of the film The Treasure

8. Ryan Swen's rating of the film The Treasure

Less deadpan than single-mindedly focused, but Poromboiuiu is impeccably controlled; surprisingly lithe.

9. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Treasure

10. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film The Treasure

3,5 Porumboiu was the first direct (was far as i know) who solve the romanian cinematic problem. Why? He created a narrative where the dictatorship was present, but without recording to that time. In the first period of new romanian cinema, they thought thoroughly the time of Ceausescu. Recently, they change the focus to the contemporary life and the middle drama class. But anyone establish this bridge between them,

11. José Neves's rating of the film The Treasure

Unlike his previous film, the meta-narrative doesn't appear as an exclamatory feat but only while a dilutive process of the pettiness of the world in its fictions. Gradually, we move from the banality and poverty of everyday life to a metaphor of accumulated wealth, capitalism and human greed as a generational inheritance. With a final ascendant crane movement to the place where the humor's look lies: in morality.

12. msmichel's rating of the film The Treasure

What might seem slight and lighthearted on the surface holds a surprising amount of depth on closer examination. As the everyman continues to slowly collapse with the ongoing worldwide economic outlook this wry parable holds much interest. Exceptionally well written by the director more in spirit with the earlier '12.08' than his subsequent works.

13. Violet Rien's rating of the film The Treasure

Very nice light and story. How to get so much of something very small.

14. matelot's rating of the film The Treasure

15. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film The Treasure

So very fresh Romanian New wave ending

16. SafeStanding's rating of the film The Treasure

This is a gem waiting to be found (pun intended). No doubt it's minimalistic style is not to everyone's taste but if you like your humour drier than dry, you won't be disappointed.

17. Jason's rating of the film The Treasure

Ah, the dry-as-dry-can-be humour of Eastern Europe. Porumboiu is definitely a genius of the understated comic folly, as has been well demonstrated in his body of work. He has a keen eye for how we occupy our world when we are only passingly engaged; we the hunched, the trod upon. We, the aspiring dropouts. The Treasure is as close as he gets to allegory. The final gesture says it all: totally absurd, means well.

18. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Treasure

The plain, absurdist script contains a few wry commentaries on politics, economics, and history, keeping the film minimally interesting. However, the dragging excavation and the moments that preceded it were a bit discouraging in terms of fluidity, almost putting me to sleep before the ultimate stimulus. (2.5 stars)

19. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film The Treasure

The ending is pretty cool and surprising, but the ensemble could be a 30 min long story. We don't need to see them walking during hours in the garden for instance!

20. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Treasure

A modern-day Robin Hood saves the day. It's worth watching just for the end credits.

21. saitosouta's rating of the film The Treasure

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO impressed. I can't describe this mysteriously delightful emotion. Corneliu Porumboiu is supremely superb genius. LIFE IS LIFE.

22. Post Ironic's rating of the film The Treasure

Not quite all there when placed next to his earlier Police, Adjective. But a worthwhile film nonetheless.Very deadpan, and perhaps a little more inert than I would have liked.

23. Joe Hackman's rating of the film The Treasure

AFI15: An amusing entry into the Romanian New Wave movement. Not quite as good as Police, Adjective.. but the ending is delightful and the cinematography is good.

24. Kamran's rating of the film The Treasure

[REVIEW] 74/100 - The Treasure (Corneliu Porumboiu, Romania) While there are few laugh-out-loud moments, The Treasure is certainly one of the funniest films of the year, with much absurdist humour surmounting from its seemingly farfetch’d script and characters. Read more: http://nextprojection.com/2015/10/20/viff-treasure-one-funniest-films-year/