1. Anca.'s rating of the film The Tree of Life

2. F/K's rating of the film The Tree of Life

On par with Days of Heaven, The Tree of Life is a very beautiful exploration on the evolution of life itself and what it means to us

3. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Tree of Life

4. Dudeness's rating of the film The Tree of Life

5. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Tree of Life

I don't think it's striving to make a profound statement, just a personal one. What we have is Malick wandering through scenes of his own childhood. A first person reflection, like Tarkovsky's Mirror , where the loss of his two brothers & his own physical & spiritual disconnection from past & present propels the whole thing. Malick finds a new cinematic language in the combination of sound & image. A miraculous work.

6. Arf's rating of the film The Tree of Life

non mi ha suscitato quelle emozioni che speravo

7. Joana China's rating of the film The Tree of Life

this film got to me, I can even forgive the use of dinosaurs. and that's something

8. Daniel Chavez's rating of the film The Tree of Life

A film so pretentious, is superficial in its attempt to reach the soul or connect the viewer with the sense of existence

9. josh's rating of the film The Tree of Life

This sounds incredibly stupid but as i was watching this, a lot of scenes felt as if they were just plucked out of my childhood.Really surreal but i feel it captured that era of ones life perfectly.

10. Francisca Mendes's rating of the film The Tree of Life

11. luz de topos's rating of the film The Tree of Life

12. Archisaur's rating of the film The Tree of Life

I am not inherently a Malick fan, and I was finding many aspects in the beginning more than a bit contrived, but it was obviously made to overcome hesitancy. Absolutely emotionally and visually brilliant.

13. Enes Akdemir's rating of the film The Tree of Life

14. BernardoL's rating of the film The Tree of Life

What Malick is trying to achieve is daring and this film has greatness in it. The characters are beautifully written and the way he captures "life" is inspiring. However, the film is indulgent to a fault, filled with cheap "philosophy" and Malick's quasi-religious world view is forced on the viewer at every chance. Looks pretty and feels grand but it's very insubstantial. Worth watching for the inspiring form.

15. lupiter's rating of the film The Tree of Life

16. Nicolás Araya's rating of the film The Tree of Life

17. luís debonoir's rating of the film The Tree of Life

18. Freakyfilm's rating of the film The Tree of Life

19. jkristianl's rating of the film The Tree of Life

20. Fabiha's rating of the film The Tree of Life

"Unless you love, your life will flash by."

21. lou.'s rating of the film The Tree of Life

E' un po' wtf, ma si sa.

22. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film The Tree of Life

23. FISCHER's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Nous sommes entraînés, inertes et abasourdis, dans un conglomérat insipide de fatuité mystico-planante avec une ribambelle cosmogonique de plans en Haute Définition, délires en micro et macroscopie de la Création, de l'Univers, d'un Tout symbiotique, avec en prime les quatre éléments comme références visuelles incontournables. www.cinefiches.com

24. tgmf's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Everything in this movie but the cinematography is dull, boring, pretentious to disgusting. Two stars exclusively for these stunning visuals by Lubezki.