1. alfredodimalo's rating of the film The Tree of Life

2. lofisofi's rating of the film The Tree of Life

i don't think Malick intended it as such but this movie functions surprisingly well as a study of growing up forced by patriarchy into boyhood, this makes the movie worth watching for me

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Tree of Life

3.5 stars. There were moments watching this where I thought it was one of the greatest films I'd ever seen and moments in which I thought it was one of the most interminable and worst. Still, I felt like all of those who up and walked out of the cinema were being very ungenerous to a very generous film. It has a lot to offer in its bearlike clumsiness. One could do a good paper relating its ideas to those of A.N.T.

4. lemonish5's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Post-hiatus Malick is dialectics of the heart, internal struggle for a Truth concealed by our own complexity. One cannot reason their way into or out of such a film—it is the amassment of raw experience, monolithic and unknowable; the situating of the self in a cosmic sense (isn't this all we do?); a Proustian moment of peace, quietly ecstatic, briefly aware.

5. keyifadami's rating of the film The Tree of Life

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Tree of Life

**1/2. Religious movie about Grace or the search for God in Nature. From the Big Bang (No Eden, just Dinosaurs) to the End of Time. In the middle, a family. Texas, in the 60's. 'Days of Heaven' deserved the Palme d'Or. This one, clearly not. Already forgotten,I'm afraid.

7. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film The Tree of Life

religius, sentimentil. layaknya hubungan manusia dan semesta. good story telling, Lubezki have a good performance.

8. Nico Mensinga's rating of the film The Tree of Life

9. bulgrin's rating of the film The Tree of Life

The first of the style-over-substance catalogue of Malick. Stunning photography, undeniable great performance, but ... what??

10. zdravk3's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Went to a small cinema in Belgrade to watch this, smoked a lot of skunk weed right before. Bad idea - when the space scenes started it hit me so hard I was afraid the planets will collide and almost puked. I hid my head in my jacket and somehow got through it half baked, half-asleep. I'm not sure how many stars to put :) I think I should watch it properly again :)

11. Adam GR's rating of the film The Tree of Life

A masterpiece in experimental cinema. A rainbow of a story, occasionally emoted through the lives of a broken American family. Malick is a poet in the vanguard of visual artistry.

12. Lalizou's rating of the film The Tree of Life

13. Mindy42's rating of the film The Tree of Life

beautifully touching my heart

14. Beatriz Félix's rating of the film The Tree of Life

it didnt speak to me but then again I was not in a conducive state of mind. need to re-watch later

15. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film The Tree of Life

16. gld48's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Moved me more than any other film when I first saw it and still has the same effect now. There's so much that can be said about it, it's difficult to begin somewhere. The fact that Malick is tackling these big questions at all makes him a great artist, whether you view him as didactic or not. Regardless, one of the most beautiful, compassionate, empathetic films ever made.

17. Anca.'s rating of the film The Tree of Life

18. F/K's rating of the film The Tree of Life

On par with Days of Heaven, The Tree of Life is a very beautiful exploration on the evolution of life itself and what it means to us

19. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Tree of Life

20. Egoisma's rating of the film The Tree of Life

21. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Tree of Life

I don't think it's striving to make a profound statement, just a personal one. What we have is Malick wandering through scenes of his own childhood. A first person reflection, like Tarkovsky's Mirror , where the loss of his two brothers & his own physical & spiritual disconnection from past & present propels the whole thing. Malick finds a new cinematic language in the combination of sound & image. A miraculous work.

22. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Tree of Life

Malick’s most controversial work, despised by some and worshipped by others. I’m clearly the latter. Beyond the most intoxicating cinematography of all time lies a profound story of fatherhood, childhood, spirituality, evolution and the connection to the universe. The film I imagine myself watching on my death bed.

23. Arf's rating of the film The Tree of Life

non mi ha suscitato quelle emozioni che speravo

24. Joana China's rating of the film The Tree of Life

this film got to me, I can even forgive the use of dinosaurs. and that's something