1. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque

Rohmer gives us a new angle: politics. He introduces the ultimate battle of egos: he manages to present in the same picture the dualities of left vs. right, tradition vs. progress, movement vs. contemplation, city vs. countryside, while putting an element of "par hasard" that takes us to his love for the symbolic.

2. Alex's rating of the film The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque

Most Rohmer films I've seen are very "talky" but this is I think the "talkiest" so far! This time rather than l'amour the subject matter is politics, ranging from the small town to global issues. Although this perhaps gives it a slightly different feel to other Rohmer films it's still very charming and humorous despite it's serious subjects, even managing to turn into a musical in the closing scene!

4. Elena Lazic's rating of the film The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque

5. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque

3.5 // todos os arquitetos, urbanistas e (ah sim) polĂ­ticos deveriam assistir

6. Lorenzo Garza's rating of the film The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque

7. Gregorio Schepeler's rating of the film The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque