1. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Trial

great visuals & a nice surreal touch.

2. Mx Nihil's rating of the film The Trial

"- You think you can persuade the court that you're not responsible by reason of lunacy? - I think that's what the court wants me to believe. Yes, that's the conspiracy. To persuade us all that the whole world is crazy, formless, meaningless, absurd. That's the dirty game. So I've lost my case. What of it? You, you're losing too. It's all lost. Lost! So what? Does that sentence the entire universe to lunacy?"

3. Ethan's rating of the film The Trial

This is quite possibly Welles most underrated masterpiece and only Welles could bring Kafka's great novel to life like this.

4. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Trial

Very true to the novel. Often it's better not to be, but I like my Kafka more Kafkaesque than Wellesian. This film breaks the five star scale and is by far Orson Welles's best film.

5. Histioteuthis's rating of the film The Trial

Anthony Perkins is almost too likable/vulnerable for this, if that makes sense??

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Trial

Inestimable bijou du 7eme Art qui retraduit avec talent l'atmosphère absurde et glauque du célèbre roman éponyme de Franz Kafka. Avec en prime, une sublime interprétation d'Anthony Perkins dans le rôle de K. qui tire à la névrose et au génie... www.cinefiches.com

7. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Trial

8. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film The Trial

A truly Kafkaesque labyrinth, extremely ornate and rich with metaphors. The direction is claustrophobic. The production design is incredible in portraying the decaying and musky legal system. It can be slightly grating, which is, weirdly, not always a bad thing. My major concern was that it seemed to lack some introspection, there was too much dialogue. Ludicrous ending, but I guess this had to end in an epic manner.

9. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The Trial

10. choupinet's rating of the film The Trial

Amazing novel, amazing film.

11. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Trial

It looked like that Orson Welles was born to adapt one of the Franz Kafka's most influential works...

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Trial

13. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Trial

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"" - Hunter S. Thompson

14. JUERGEN_K's rating of the film The Trial

My fav Welles! I love Welles, I am IN love with Perkins, and I A D O R E Kafka!

15. alice's rating of the film The Trial

Scenografie straordinarie.

16. Aaken's rating of the film The Trial

Only Orson Welles and his larger than life vision of the world could handle Kafka. Told like a fable, it takes many viewings to get to the core of it, and still, we could wonder, just as the the main character, whether we have actually managed to understand anything at all. Masterpiece!

17. José Neves's rating of the film The Trial

Let's pass the obvious: Perkins is a clamorous casting error, especially because of his importance in the film, besides some too mannered sequences. But a camera always in a superior choreographic way, with a corresponding cryptic and sharp editing, are determining factors of involvement, in addition with a scenographic blast, wherein one decor revolves into another, and so on until its explosion. A Welles affair.

18. redux's rating of the film The Trial

19. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Trial

A beautiful rewatch this was. Works better when seen in the context of Welles' ouvre, rather than as a Kafka adaptation.

20. Shoham L's rating of the film The Trial

Tense, ominous. Schneider and Perkins are perfectly suited to their roles, and Welles is dominant and authoritative in contrast, giving the film some balance in the chaos. A perfect Kafka adaptation.

21. elif jazel's rating of the film The Trial

watching this stunning classic once again on Welles's birthday.

22. HSBilly's rating of the film The Trial

kafka's absurdity and weirdness is handled nicely with welles direction.

23. chiathirdeye's rating of the film The Trial

24. Aardsy's rating of the film The Trial

Hey, remember how he directed CITIZEN KANE? No?

← Previous 1 3 4