1. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Tribe

[I have no words for this]

2. Theories Of Anxiety's rating of the film The Tribe

it's been a week since I watched it but I get flashbacks daily, abortion scene was one of the most brutual thing I've ever seen on film.

3. Miguel Plante's rating of the film The Tribe

Osé, provocateur, The Tribe nous prouve encore une fois qu'il ne faut pas de paroles pour faire du bon cinéma.

4. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The Tribe

The initial premise is strong and the craft in executing it stunning, but the film quickly abandons what makes it interesting, becoming an over bleak and pueriley fetishistic torture film.

5. vordven's rating of the film The Tribe

6. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Tribe

7. chanandre's rating of the film The Tribe

[Waited 3 god-awful years to see this open theatrically in Portugal and withstood IndieWire's spoilers: bravoure]

8. Anarcisos's rating of the film The Tribe

This was definitely a unique experience. A movie with no dialogue, no subtitles, no soundtrack. A movie all in ukranian sign language. The camera gives you a seat - you're only the spectator, you're at a distance watching that specific reality unfold. It is mesmerizing, violent, but truly immersive. Beware, this movie is not about deaf people. It's about people. It could have happen anywhere..and it does.

9. dbesinska's rating of the film The Tribe

The Tribe, with its lack of translation, proves how stories can be well told purely through visuals and sound. Vasyanovych's cinematography stuns with every scene that stands on its own as a single shot, structured in a parallelistic way and framed to perfection. The disturbingly slow action and the shocking brutality of the film is something that's rarely shown in cinema but that's what makes it real and unusual!

10. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film The Tribe

Even though I'll forever be against the "film", couldn't help but put it in my list of strongest, most shattering and complete finales ever put on screen. The Tribe is an exception, however, for this is not an appreciation: it's a diagnosis.

11. Fabiha's rating of the film The Tribe

12. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film The Tribe

And God told Job" "Where were you when i laid the foundations of the earth?"

13. Superfrog's rating of the film The Tribe

A film that manages to win each of its battle and to lose the war. The tactical successes of scenes sounding true, and of horrible mostly interchangeable people interacting violently, fails as there is no strategic end to the game. This could be poignant parallels to Ukraine political situation but they feel accidental. Certainly in the spirit of the time for a part of Ukrainian society today.

14. Gonçalo Loureiro's rating of the film The Tribe

quando o incomunicável, é comunicado

15. Arf's rating of the film The Tribe

16. dave gunn's rating of the film The Tribe

Very impressive. This film did more in 34 shots and almost total silence than most do full of camerawork and dialog. While I feel a lot of the story was at times rushed, and that I probably missed a lot because I was left to only deduce what was happening for most of it, the way the intensity was amped up using only acting is enough for me to have loved this.

17. MCLang89's rating of the film The Tribe

The concept is better than the actual story. There are wonderfully exciting moments but mostly it seems like an amazing concept with cheap shocking thrills that have been handled better in other films. There were also too many moments where the crew didn't understand that their shadows and reflections would show up in the film if they weren't careful. An amazing idea with a cheap story.

18. opandadodavid's rating of the film The Tribe

19. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Tribe

A virtuosic but vacuous exercise. One long sucker punch, smoothly tracked.

20. Timmy93's rating of the film The Tribe

One of the best modern films I've seen. The actions speak for the words. Raw, brutal and powerful. Will shake you to the core.

21. Pavel Dumitrescu's rating of the film The Tribe

22. Hugo Bonjour's rating of the film The Tribe

Very ambitious idea, but somewhat confusing and exhausting. Where were the adults?

23. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Tribe

The only reason I wouldn't give this five stars is the fact that I'm torn by the progression of Sergey as a character, and I know that's due to the nonverbal communication creating a language barrier for me as a viewer; It was incredible watching all the events unfold absent dialogue, and the story told me everything I technically needed to know through action alone; but I couldn't connect to Sergey's psyche.

24. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Tribe

Man stelle sich vor, irgendwo auf der Welt befände sich eine Spezies, die vollkommen unerkannt exisitiert. Was würdest du als Filmemacher damit anfangen? Nicht mehr als eine Art Remake von Kids? Irgendwann, als mir bewusst wurde, dass The Tribe nichts anderes ist als ein östliches Remake von Kids ohne Worte... mehr auf cinegeek.de

← Previous 1 3 4