1. Genadijus L.'s rating of the film The Tribe

New cinematic experience as spectator and new experience of the storytelling without one of the main aspects of the cinema - sound. Bravo for acting and direction!

2. graphieti's rating of the film The Tribe

Formal, heartless and pretentious.

3. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Tribe

I wanted to like this so much more than I did... A good-looking film, exceptional long-shots; but I didn't walk away feeling ...anything. The sudden or extended shocks of violence comparable with Haneke, felt numb.. If this is a portrait of Ukrainian isolation, fine. But it's conception is conceptually overwrought, vacuously isolating the viewer. A truly unique experience, but I could kind of care less.

4. Shōten's rating of the film The Tribe

5. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Tribe

6. Marco Oddone's rating of the film The Tribe

7. Kristina Tamelytė's rating of the film The Tribe

Still don't know how to judge this film. To be determined. Has something yet to be understood for me.

8. Frank ViSo's rating of the film The Tribe

Non è nell'implacabilità di quanto ci viene mostrato (più o meno) in determinate scene, che Plemya genera il maggior disturbo, ma proprio nel soffocante e perdurabile silenzio vocale che lo avvolge per i suoi centotrenta minuti di durata: http://visionesospesa.blogspot.it/2015/01/plemya-tribe.html

9. JNRARO's rating of the film The Tribe

It's not a coincidence that in a year where Ukraine fights against the dependence of Russia comes an allegorical tale showing us the brutality, corruption and criminality of an isolated community.

10. Tara Newton's rating of the film The Tribe

Ukranian Mungiu meets Kim Ki Duk in Cannes.

11. Corriel's rating of the film The Tribe

Peculiar, good and stylish, with impressive sequence shots and some very harsh moments.

12. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film The Tribe

a film that is worthy a thousand words.

13. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film The Tribe

Five stars for the aesthetics (long shots, use of color etc.) Three stars at most for the story and its shock values. I didn't see any subtitles in this movie, but I didn't see any subtleties in the use of violence either. Having said that, 4 stars might sound like 'overrating', but the truth is you don't get to watch something like this very often at the cinema (at least I haven't!).

14. i hate movies's rating of the film The Tribe

i'm rating this a 3/5 because i have no fucking idea what to do with this film, so i'm staying in the middle for now.

15. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film The Tribe

4.5+. Impressive! Especially the last long-shot :|

16. GoSpeedGo!'s rating of the film The Tribe

The Tribe seems to actually exploit the deaf for a cheap festival sensation. Especially the cruelty and other shocking imagery is mostly a crutch, not an organic part of a convincing whole. Statements from the director regarding his intent to draw attention to film as a purely visual storytelling media miss the mark too, since the film itself consists of monotonous long shots.

17. affasf's rating of the film The Tribe

Accommodating dialogues are compelled to forswear. Violence, endorsed as main narration key, articulates every step in an initiation that detonates a volitive eruption originated from a hollowed (and therefore), masochistic Self. Although the gained section it’s biased by prospective narrowness, it doesn’t pretend to build a call-to-awareness discourse, even with terse, static shots filled with ‘scabrous’ content.

18. Lotta B.'s rating of the film The Tribe

19. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Tribe

El cine en su versión más incipiente se revela en esta película.La rutina en las inmediaciones de un internado para alumnos sordomudos,es la remembranza a ese cine antes de los rótulos con textos. En una película como La mansión embrujada, el español Segundo de Chomón no precisó de los intertítulos para indicar al espectador que sus personajes estaban a punto de ingresar a un mundo de pesadilla http://bit.ly/1sGOUjw

1 2 4 Next →