1. johnfmorton's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

Makes me wish there were more movies with Geraldine Page. She's wonderful in this film.

2. ShawnD's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

This was on my "to watch" list for a while although It's hard to distinguish this from the many 70s & 80s movies based on plays, though this feels like a lesser work of Foote's. It's classic Southern pent-up rage with every character a foil to a certain aspect of Page's personality. I found Page grating at times, her daughter-in-law even moreso. Still, they don't make movies for older actresses like this anymore.

3. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

obviously a filmed play, but still very powerful, though the last twenty minutes or so seemed a bit pointless and tacked-on

4. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

3.5/5. I especially liked the acting of the leading actress. She made the film more touching, but at the same time sincere.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

One of those films I have long been meaning to watch but for whatever reason just never did. Pretty amazing performances all around. De Mornay shines. As Roger Ebert notes "The movie surprises us: It's not really about conflict between the generations, but about the impossibility of really understanding that you are even a member of an older generation, that decades have gone by." Indeed.

6. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

At times, it's a touching story about the conflict between one's past and present. But, beneath its sentimental concept, I just don't think there's that much there. Much of the dialogue and character progression lacks true poignancy and seems irrelevant to the overall plot, resulting in a very boring experience. While Page's performance is not without its merits, I feel she overplayed a number of scenes.

7. Sour Girl's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

Geraldine Page was absolutely amazing in this film! I wept like a child. Her performance is heart melting! Such a beautiful trip to heart! Thank you!

8. caitlin.f's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

9. Ezra's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

Good slice of life. Great acting from the old lady

10. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

There's a sadness to a place dying. To see the last who will walk the ground of a town. Small town movies seem to capture this best.. the feeling that we all know each other. And perhaps the new forces that seem to divide us and to separate us from the natural world. This is a story about birds, trees, about blue sky and fields and roots that tear into the foundation of buildings. And ultimately about home and heart

11. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

4.5 Great adaptation for the screen. Hard to take Jessie Mae's shrill voice & disrespectful elder abuse. Geraldine Page is stupendous. The off-balance patriarchal system is mended at the end as Ludie stands up to his wife, protects his mother, & drives the car. Have watched both my grandmothers go through the heart-breaking need for their true homes, for the land that grounded & protected them. Devastatingly sad.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

I watched this when I was young and desperate for entertainment. It had absolutely no appeal to me at all.

13. Aube James's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

The "Bountiful" is abandoned and unlivable, yet it truly comforts Ms. Watts to return there. I'm reminded of Ebert's words: "At the end of the day, our memories are all we really have, and when they're gone, we're gone".

14. msmichel's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

Horton Foote adapted his own play for this big screen incarnation that marked the film debut of director Masterson. By perfectly casting Geraldine Page, in an Oscar winning turn, as Mrs. Watts the film became something special. Her emotionally rich, heartbreaking and melancholic turn was simply magic. Film was exceptionally cast all around with fine turns from Heard, Glynn and Bradford. Well worth the return trip.

15. between7skies's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

3 1/2. Beautiful cinematography and atmospheric. Very powerful story, but something is missing, and I am not sure if its the in acting. The lead actress, is sometime gripping in the portrayal of her predicament and sometimes falls short, and you see the the acting. John Heard performance was very flat, almost cold. But overall worth watching

16. reijagrrl's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

deeply chilling. we'll all be there one day. clumsy and elegant.

17. Bekriah Mawasi's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

18. aaa88's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

Movie based on play. Script is beautiful and rich in sense; old south atmospheres are just remains: the time is definitely lost and can't be regained. Scenic design and costumes are studied in every single detail, sober direction and marvellous main actress.

19. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1ZW

20. Conquest of Gaul's rating of the film The Trip to Bountiful

this broke my heart, and then mended it so cleverly