1. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

Just as good as The Trip. I find it very difficult to decide a clear winner between the two, but boy do I love them both. I've buried too many Batmen.

2. SR's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

3.5 A fine line between shallow and deep and comedic and depressing. Entertaining, and even a little thought provoking. Once you’ve seen one you know what to expect, but sometimes you just don’t feel like working too hard at entertainment; this is the movie for that night.

3. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

I love these two so much! So many great quotes. "Nature never disappoints you. No rejection." And of course the dueling Michael Caines are pure joy. This film gave me such wanderlust. Traveling Italy with good company, what could be better? <3

4. Fab S's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

Take the same plot and characters and put them in Italy. Same entertainment

5. Myles's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

Love em even when they're just in a sequel.

6. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

I really responded to this one this time around. The banter is similar to the first film, with perhaps a bit more focused at times. There are a several really touching moments throughout as Coogan begins to question his life as he grows older. A bit existential at times for his characters. Brydon makes some big "mistakes" as well and begins to ponder what he thinks is important as well. Really enjoyed this sequel.

7. ejonline's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

As with the first one, this was perfectly pleasant. The problem as I see it is that self-aware sequels do not escape the sequel trap by being self-aware. I'm not a foodie, so the first movie worked for me because of the dynamic between the two characters and the comic riffing (particularly the impersonations). I felt like this was mostly a rehash with character's roles reversed, and the impersonations were the same.

8. Samuel Wells's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

Though not as charming as the original, that is something that all remakes run the risk of being victim to. The characters return but are not kept stagnant, instead letting them grow naturally both from the events of the previous films and from external events. The film keeps the wit and freedom for the actors and sets it to a gorgeous backdrop. Not a must watch, but fun for someone who already enjoyed the first film

9. José Neves's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

10. pluviosity's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

not as funny as their spontaneous selves, but still pleasant to watch somehow, like listening to cringeworthy jokes of some lovely weird uncles.

11. S.J.B.'s rating of the film The Trip to Italy

If you don't like this film, you just don't get it.

12. James Mackin's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

The impressions are definitely worse this time around, but that's most of the fun. I also like that Rob Brydon is the one who suffers now.

13. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

The Alanis Morissette bit really got me good. I would watch an infinite number of Trip movies.

14. lndah's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

Almost like a bastardization of My Dinner with Andre and Rohmer's summer vibe in a way. I'm too bored to care. I haven't watch The Trip, I don't know maybe that's the reason why I could not sync with this film.

15. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

first film tolerable. this one near utter bullshit

16. Jason's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

A little more knowingly pathetic, a little more elegant, and thankfully moves along at a sprightly clip.

17. GIYGAS's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

18. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

19. R. Prancāne's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

Three stars for the impressions, scenery and few good jokes.

20. Eloi MV's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

21. film_lies101's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

Even though the constant impressions do grate at points, the lovely scenery and banter are a great time waster.

22. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

I felt the first one was about struggling to try to connect and this was about struggling to try to keep some things private. Friendship is a difficult balance that way and it's only with time and patience that it works. Something something poignant. Something something grandiloquent. Italy is gorgeous, which makes sense since it gave us Claudia Cardinale. My point is Claudia Cardinale is gorgeous. Thank you. *bows*

23. Luís S. Tavares's rating of the film The Trip to Italy

This is probably the most boring and annoying movie of 2014.

24. thomasjeff16's rating of the film The Trip to Italy