1. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

The 'found footage' genre is completely worn out by now, but this movie still finds something new to say, making it definitely worth the watch. One of its strengths is self-awareness, which allows space for wit and humor. Its premise is developed in a creative way and the mythology around the trolls is riddled with delicious details. However, there's just too many found footage clichés for this to ever excel.

2. redux's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

The satire about functionaries makes it likeable. But the found-footage schtick can't cover for the rather inert script.

3. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Great idea that looks good. Sadly the script and the plot fall way short. Shame.

4. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

When I saw it was a found footage movie my heart sank.

5. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Suspenseful and hilarious. Not really a "good" movie or one I'd recommend to a cinefile. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone with a few beers, a long day at work, and the intent to vegetate and laugh.

6. Comadozer's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

The hunter's reasoning for suddenly allowing the film crew to follow wasn't strong enough, but the tension and glee of the film was executed with real finesse. Ending maybe a little abrupt, but the found footage genre is always a little blunt at the death knell. Add a .5 star on the 3 for troll fart.

7. Arctic Alamut's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Very entertaining. Cloverfield, but with trolls.

8. Franco Rhyme Wiseman's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

9. dr0nestar's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

10. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

¿Quién es el verdadero enemigo aquí? "Troll hunter" tiene un punto a valorar. La película tiene momentos de tensión, de pánico, pero, ¿en verdad estas criaturas son de temer? Desde una perspectiva opuesta, Ovredal parece construir un filme ecologísta, sobre el eterno invasor/cazador: el hombre. Dentro de un vasto territorio, una entidad gubernamental esconde un secreto y lo controla con coacción. Tema coyuntural.

11. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

I liked the flow, easy watch, but i hated the english dubbing (cartoon voices), is there a version with the original language?!!, the camera recording thing handled very well, a good lesson for those who made "Chronicle2012" *see my rating

12. angelicidea's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Great concept, but felt a little flat. The found footage format has a limited shelflife, I guess.

13. anarresti's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

In 2010 it's a risk to keep insisting on the found footage device for delivering a story. But this works really well. And even if the movie is meant as a (massive) dose of fun, we do get to travel the forests and mountains of Norway, and cross some of its fjords by ferry. This landscape works better with the sound of the norwegian language, so it's quite fortunate that this is a creation from Norway. Nice job.

14. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film The Troll Hunter

15. Sergio Fernandez's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

"Fairy tales are for kids. Trolls are animals. Predators. They eat, shit and mate. Eat anything they can."

16. Gianmarco Ricciarelli's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Assolutamente consigliato ai fan della mitologia nordica, ed in generale dei mockumentary! Pur avendo a disposizione un budget limitato, gli effetti speciali, così come i suoni, sono ottimi ed il film riesce perfettamente nel suo intento. Molto carino anche lo sdoganamento dei troll come veri e propri animali, con le loro abitudini e tutto il resto.

17. Xob's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Not a masterpice but still a fun flick. Kinda make me proud of being Norwegian.

18. Shaun Hill's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Was a really fun movie, despite some flaws. (7/10)

19. diego_vargas's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

It really made me sad the last scene when the giant troll dies, poor thing, he was only sick

20. Sieni's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

What the Blair Witch project would have looked like if it has been norwegian and funny on purpose...

21. msmichel's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Disappointing hybrid of 'Blair Witch' and 'The Host" that winds up a lesser form of entertainment. Found footage concept really getting old at this point and this pic certainly doesn't add anything new. Would have made an arresting short but at feature length gets boring pretty quick. Troll effects pretty good but unfortunately not at all horrifying. It's earnest but dull.

22. Grasshopper's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Funny and smart with great visuals. Easily my favorite entry so far in the "Blair Witch" line of mock docu-films.

23. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

You can't SEE WHAT IS GOING ON... Other than that it is fine.

24. Pedro's rating of the film The Troll Hunter

Needed more booze to fully appreciate it (although the humor throughout the whole thing kicks ass); but hey!, Norwegians fully deserve an improved van Helsing with a gargantuan routine.