1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

The issue with the film is really that it becomes fairly sentimental about halfway through; and that kind of drains away some of the darkness that makes the movie fun at the outset. That's also the point at which the delightful symbolic evocations (like the man as the rabbit and the boy interacting with the rabbit) start to taper off, a bit. But it's a fun movie, overall, and a good debut for Shirley Maclaine.

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

Hitchcock tries farce—like Bringing Up Baby, say, with a corpse instead of a leopard. The bizarro tone of the film put me off at first. But the weirdness gets richer and richer as it goes along, and it sheds light on Hitch: all the manners, niceties, and daily rituals papered over morbid fears and carnal desires. Nice touch: the artist who uses academic doublespeak to hide his guilt. "From my subconscious" indeed.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

>>> Une superbe et réjouissante comédie policière de notre cher Alfred, dont l'humour morbide atteint ici une perfection jubilatoire rarement égalée... www.cinefiches.com

4. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

A memorable award winning debut from Shirley Maclaine. Amazing photography. Lovable characters. Hitchcockian humour. The doctor who walks and stumbles repeatedly while reading was over the top though. Very interesting spoken lines.

5. redux's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

Horror via unhinged small talk and Technicolor. An odd and very interesting duck.

6. samuele90's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

Ma quanto sarebbe piaciuto a Hitchcock l'umorismo dell'Internet?

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

The recent Bluray of this is a stunning print, recommend viewing it. This little rural black comedy is something of an anomaly in Hitch's canon, and unfortunately so. This is just a winner top to bottom. I love the use of no big name stars (Maclaine's first film), relying on the great script and on screen chemistry to carry the story. Laughed my ass off all the way through, especially at Gwenn's Captain. Essential

8. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

The trouble with Harry is over

9. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

10. truffraud's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

come for the autumn imagery, stay for shirley maclaine.

11. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

12. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

I always liked this one. It isn't bad.

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

6.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2wK

14. Te Pe's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

Not bad for black comedy

15. el.'s rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

- Would you care for some blueberry muffins to go with that murder? - Why, yes! And some elderberry wine, please.

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

17. aliasgenius's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

3.5/5 I think. But need to rewatch, been too long.

18. dr0nestar's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

i have a childhood memory that there is a shot where a door moves without explanation... it gave me nightmares.. need to rewatch

19. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

In tgis world everything is glamours and artificial, even death. Death is a game that a small child can play. We laugh at death... Hitchcock's divine hand plays with his little human figures.

20. localdjango's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

Rockwell deconstructed. One of Hitchcock's finest.

21. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

Subtle, hypnotic and hilarious.

22. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

adoro o fato do hitch ter feito essa comediazinha negra, mas de um modo geral é chato pra porra

23. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

This is probably the least visually interesting Hitchcock I've seen and it is very talky, but it does have some pretty funny bits, especially at the beginning.

24. Aphrodite's rating of the film The Trouble with Harry

funny and sexy and nostalgic