1. Scott Pack's rating of the film The Turning

It is rare, I think, for a compilation piece like this, relying on numerous directors, manages to achieve a consistent level of quality, but The Turning does. Certainly all of the straight adaptations of Tim Winton's short stories work very well. I was less keen on the dance sequence which, while visually interesting, felt somewhat out of place. But overall, a great watch and made me want to read the stories.

2. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Turning

An anthology film featuring a variety of tales based on the writings of Tim Winton, these tales won't really impress anyone looking for great cinema, despite solid acting from everyone onscreen. It's just that these particular snippets of life feel as if they would be more rewarding on the page. Onscreen they just feel a bit dull, and even irritating.

3. Superfrog's rating of the film The Turning

Good technical realisation, the stories are mundane, and possibly related. Except that they don't keep your attention hard enough to make them stick together if they are.

4. chloe's rating of the film The Turning

beautifully shot. shame none of the films were interesting enough to hold my attention. they all felt staged and vacuous.

5. Egoisms's rating of the film The Turning

6. FCC 86's rating of the film The Turning

"Although I do not hope to turn again. Although I do not hope. Although I do not hope to turn"

7. Matt Richards's rating of the film The Turning

Thoroughly engaging omnibus project from 18 of Australia's more interesting directors and based on Tim Winton's novel of the same name. A poetic, experimental and visual feast that for once deals with Australia in a sincere manner without resorting to mockery. Some parts are clearly stronger than others but on the whole it's cohesive and the rotating characters add a fresh layer of depth for later reflection. 4 stars