1. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

On the subject of the expert, the apprentice & the woman, Kirsten DUNST, Viggo MORTENSEN & Oscar ISAAC are perfect. Great action in Greece & Istambul, coproduced by POLLACK & MINGHELLA. == Sur le thème de l'expert, de l'apprenti et de la femme, Kirsten DUNST, Viggo MORTENSEN & Oscar ISAAC sont parfaits. Le film est élégant et l'action en Grèce & à Istambul palpitante. Coproduit par Sidney POLLACK & Anthony MINGHELLA

2. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

A period adventure film with brutal and dark underpinnings. An understated work featuring great performances by Oscar Isaac, Kirsten Dunst and Viggo Mortensen.

3. daria anghel's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

one extra star for kirsten dunst

4. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

2.5 - For half the film I thought I was going to give this a strong rating, but as so often happens with films that rely on suspense, the last act disappoints, relying on action & plot rather than the subtle implications, strong performances & photography of earlier. The first half felt like a nice mix of Hitchcock & European directors like Antonioni, so it's a shame things go downhill after the "underground" scene.

5. Thomas's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

Sultry, sweaty thriller. Oscar Isaac holds his own in the company of strong, plot driving acting talent.

6. muh.'s rating of the film The Two Faces of January

builds up at least halfway but loses momentum afterwards without seeming to know what it actually wants from itself. shame because it could've been better than it is.

7. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

8. hirzi_chandani's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

9. L. Nolan's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

10. Hannah Seitz's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

2 1/2 stars. I love Oscar Isaac and Viggo Mortenson was great. I also loved the exotic setting of the movie (Greece and Turkey). however, there wasn't enough suspense and action for me to get into it as a "thriller". I was more intrigued by the main characters but the story did nothing for me

11. Bambang N Karim's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

A good stylish gripping movie from Iranian director Hossein Amini. Unlike who or why done it thriller movie, the director cleverly craft the story as layered perceptions from different point of views. Only the audience knows what is going on.

12. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

It keeps an eerie and unpredictable web of tension developing through its ambiguous characters and its mysterious exotic setting. Isaac is a stunning actor of his generation, Mortensen brings a grim edge to a man full of demons and deception while Dunst is still too preppy and girlish for noir-like material. lt may not hit the same mark as The Talented Mr. Ripley but keeps us intrigued and guessing all the same.

13. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

For some reason, I was more fond of this film than most MUBI denizens. I enjoyed the performances, the setting, the Highsmith texture of the story. So sue me!

14. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

The not entirely talented Mr. McFarland. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2014/10/the-two-faces-of-january.html

15. Sebastião Barata's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

Com um elenco tão talentoso e um enredo com tanto potencial, esperava-se mais deste filme. With such a talented cast and a plot with so much potencial, we expected more from this movie. Crítica completa/Full Review: http://www.espalhafactos.com/2014/10/30/as-duas-faces-de-janeiro-uma-tragedia-grega/

16. Teresa Silva's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

A better script and this would've been fantastic. Still enjoyed Isaac and Mortensen and the beautiful cinematography in Greece and Turkey.

17. Susana Bessa's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

Stylish intelligent period thriller led by a devoted cast and amazingly photographed locations of both Athens, Crete and Istanbul. It is a job well done, and it is enough to catch a glimpse and be hooked. Even though its underdeveloped characters and its sloppy tension weakened it, and gave us the perception of style over depth (which may very well be the case), this is a fine debut nonetheless.

18. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

There are reminiscences of "Knife in the Water" but it never really reaches the complexity or the suspense in Polanski's film. Amini shoots well and knows how to handle suspense but fails to give any meaningful depth to his writing, which ultimately makes this a slightly unsatisfying effort.

19. Murat Benbanaste's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

20. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

In its pretty familiar tones, we can feel a sense of tragic that was never enough to hold my attention.

21. Tigrão's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

Formulaic as hell but enjoyable.

22. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

Also known as The Untalented Mr. Amini.

23. Beki's rating of the film The Two Faces of January

The story is nothing of new, the action is very slow, and all the drama is expected.