1. Matti Hjelm's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

2. ali.fakhraee's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

romance is prone to be repelling, and musical to be ridiculous. this movie manages to put these two genres together beautifully.

3. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

A decadent and dazzling film where Catherine Deneuve outshines everything in a pastel coloured studio world. Nothing not to like, if you like musicals (and you know you do).

4. Vítor Freire Zannin's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

"The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" is the cinematic equivalent of eating sugar coated nails.

5. Yash Bhati's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Some films are so beautiful that they are beyond meticulous reviews. This is one of them ...

6. glhrmefc's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Everything in this musical is unique, including its ending - you must watch! I'm not a big musical fan, but this movie really impressed me.

7. tristanetyseut's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

culte! although no spanish subtitles for latin america, as usual. lalala (on a melody from Michel Legrand), gonna go get breakfast, lalala.

8. LibertyCapz's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

A colorful and lively musical about young love, loneliness and commitment. The completely sung dialogue and prominent use of color makes for a very entertaining watch. - "Absence is a funny thing. I feel like Guy left years ago. I look at this photo, and I forget what he really looks like. When I think of him, it's this photo that I see."

9. Sofia Due Rosenzweig's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Catherine Deneuve stuns as torn, love sick, young woman Sung all the way through

10. Sergey Belov's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Like if you watched La La Land before this and think Chazelle has inspired by umbrellas

11. cin-e-phile22's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

The La La Land of its time.I feel there are maybe a handful of musicals that are really good,a few American ones 30s through 50s,which were fast-paced & zany;fun to watch,or the musicals from Indian cinema of 40s through 60s.Cute crowd pleaser.Good technique and colors are pretty to took at too.My oh my,the fake charm this film oozes.Like an animal belching.

12. Paul Rot's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

The best musical ever made is not American but French. (Jacques Demy Alto Genio)

13. panagiotatos's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

musical is not my thing, but i consider this as one of the worst, superficial characters, ridiculous plot and most of all the recitatives got on my nerves alright.

14. LomasEastwood's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

15. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Another bittersweet film gem of Jacques Demy. Although Michel Legrand's score is a bit simple in melodic invention and lacks the manifold stylistic features he achieved three years later in "Les demoiselles de Rochefort" and even though the actors mostly aren't very good in singing, the film is really delightful to watch and presents many fine details (especially the set design and the colors).

16. Carambotti's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

What a delicious confection! Three acts, two loves, one long sing-a-long. If I could time travel back to when this story takes place, this is the color of the world I'd want it to be. Catherine Deneuve's break-out role.

17. pluviosity's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

18. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

I liked Young Girls of Rouchefort more.

19. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

20. João Martins's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Probably one of the most visually appealing film I ever watched. Every single thing seems to match. Both leading actors are beautiful and they do their caracter with perfection. It's a french colourful fairy-tale with some tragic moments and it reaches an unusual level: they sing all the time, without any proper musical performance.

21. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

This is one of the various reasons why I can't understand the existence of a movie like La La Land.

22. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

23. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

This is the first time I watched musical movie - in French. THE UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG is colorful, well-choreographed, and beautifully shot. I was stunned when watching this movie. It's simply beautiful. Not to mention Catherine Deneuve's timeless beauty. For Indonesian audience like me, this movie has one weakness. The plot kinda reminds me of "Sinetron" (Indonesian soap opera). But it's worth watching...

24. ninchok's rating of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg