1. Josh Frye's rating of the film The Unloved

Very beautiful film, in that dusty dingy kind of way. Childhood looks so bleak in this film.

2. laurax's rating of the film The Unloved

Difficult to rate when the dialogue is hard to understand. Either it's my TV or I need some English subtitles with Brit flicks.

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Unloved

I don't even know how to talk about how great this film is. Astonishing formal beauty captures wordless states of the young girl. The shifts in apparent size and the metaphorical resonance of the first scene are intense and so right. Later shifts in scale of the girl as she walks above the city give us a kind of image of her growth. So smart, so beautiful, so empathic, I hope Samantha directs again. And again.

4. OcioActivo's rating of the film The Unloved

A touching story. Morton's career choices in cinema have always been interesting and thought-provoking so I'm not surprised that her directorial debut brings the POV of a girl put into a Short Term 12-like situation. The film handles the subject material honestly and with finesse; not preachy like Closet Land. Lauren presents a likely and bad future for Lucy. The final shot is quite amazing; makes you think.

5. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film The Unloved

That last shot of Molly Windsor on the bus. Wow.

6. Nicholas Kohut's rating of the film The Unloved

Take a deep dive into the life of a lonely little girl who's world is still mystical and at times overwhelming. Molly Windsor's presence on camera is incredible. Samantha Morton's understanding of cinematic language is exceptional. Made for TV it still trumps many of the major releases I've seen in the past year. The experience and message of this picture continues to resonate and I will definitely watch again.

7. _cmb's rating of the film The Unloved

i loved the graveyard scene! it was my favorite. Lucy's acting, the cinematography, the music, the silence <3 just wonderful. sad, for sure, but wonderful. and that last shot of Lucy in the bus was utterly perfect.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Unloved

Sad, yet hopeful, but then sad again. Mostly sad.

9. cvalda's rating of the film The Unloved

Beautifully shot and deals with very brutal and difficult subject matter.

10. mpho3's rating of the film The Unloved

a beautiful buzzkill that morton began storyboarding when she was 16. loved the style in which the closing credits was done.

11. Flaspeneer's rating of the film The Unloved

I know how that little girl feels. May the world understand as well.

12. El Biffo's rating of the film The Unloved

This is a perfect example of why, in general, I do not like music in films. This could have been an excellent film, but the music completely detracts from it, even drowning out the dialogue in one scene, and totally ruining the ending. If I want to listen to music, I will put on some music. I would've liked to have understood what everyone was saying, and the dialect is difficult enough without loud music to drown it

13. Marlene Leverette's rating of the film The Unloved

400 Blows it certainly is not! However, I found it to be quite compelling. Loved the thoughtful mood of the film. At times the heavy accent or the loud music make it difficult to grasp the words but just enjoyed watching the emotion of the main character. She draws you into her inner space and the music mirrors the harshness of her life. She is an absolutely marvelous actor. Definitely worth watching!

14. commonwastrel's rating of the film The Unloved

Although there are moments when the film feels excessively despairing to a fault, this an undeniably heartbreaking depiction of a child's desperate search for an unattainable belonging. Windsor's performance is perfectly understated as her character is almost dulled by a hopelessness that is never overwhelming yet always permeating.

15. Allison Rung's rating of the film The Unloved

16. Nick Gaetano's rating of the film The Unloved

wonderful film_the girl is great_well directed

17. cabrapreta's rating of the film The Unloved

18. LaHaine's rating of the film The Unloved

Whats with British Actors making one off directorial debuts that are wonderful downbeat working class films about Britian. Tim roth Gary Oldman and Paddy cosindine all made classic but bleak dramas. Samantha Morton joins that list with this semi based on her own upbrininging and does herself Justice even though i don't think it tops those three guys films. A Must see.

19. d's rating of the film The Unloved

20. anthonymartines@live.com's rating of the film The Unloved

sadness and suffering. very singular as if almost empty, ..but so intimate and beautifully shot...i love the captured way that she sees the world, those little moments of wind-chime-like soundscapes, im reminded of the film 'Nobody Knows,' def...

21. Casey York's rating of the film The Unloved

22. comeandsee's rating of the film The Unloved

heartbreaking. this film was so sad, tragic and at times brutal, but yet the story has a great social significance. morton has the beginnings of an auteur, and an excellent one at that. her style recalls Ozu. she has a real eye for symbolic moments, and the social realism of this almost crys out to the audience.

23. Jenny Trobeck's rating of the film The Unloved

This was one of the most heartbreaking films I've ever seen.