1. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

2. lepetitjermey's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

goals. (in terms of filmmaking, not in terms of having an incestuous relationship)

3. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

Incompetently: written, directed, shot, framed, sound mixed, especially acted. Tallie Medel does her best, but can't rise above the clunktastic static shots with voice-overs telling, not showing, she wants to fook her brother, who, played by Sky Hirschkron, is a special kind of bad actor. Blame goes to Dan Sallitt – screenplay is pseudo-gothic talk-talk, no tone or emotion. There's even a therapy motif. Seriously?

4. Karthik's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

A lovely quietly intense film with an incredibly controlled use of dissolves, cutting & framing. The delicate rondeau of shots of various domestic spaces appearing throughout the film suggest perhaps the real unspeakable act is the one of leaving "home" in all its senses (the physical space, the primal scene, childhood).

5. dave gunn's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

I loved this. Audaciously chosen taboo subject matter handled with sweet care, packaged in beautiful color schemes and with remarkably natural acting between characters. Tallie Medel was incredible. Regardless of how you feel about incest, anyone who has experienced forbidden, unrequited, or impossible love can get something out of this surprisingly touching film.

6. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

Formed almost an improbable encounter between Lanthimo’s art-house and Rohmer’s fluent style. Full Review: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-unspeakable-act-2012.html

7. Andrei Rus's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

It reminded me a lot of Eugene Green's style, although I have to admit that it was beautiful the dedication to Rohmer in the final credits. If more of the american indie films would be as fresh and intriguing as this one, I think I would become a groupie. A beautiful movie.

8. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

So I saw this dope little incest picture the other night...

9. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

The silence in Dan Sallitt's THE UNSPEAKABLE ACT is deafening, but it often speaks volumes. Follows a teenage girl whose unrequited love for her older brother goes much further than typical sibling relations. Never sensationalizes the potentially salacious subject matter, instead treating it with a quiet sort of dignity, filled with pain & longing. An odd, awkward, endearing, and strangely touching coming of age tale

10. Bill Arceneaux's rating of the film The Unspeakable Act

Who is Jackie? > Why is Jackie?