1. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Village

2. Luke Lomeli's rating of the film The Village

3. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Village

Man, Shyamalan is frustrating. At the time, people judged this largely by its ending (spoiled for me far in advance) and as an allegory for Bush. But really, it deserves to be judged as an allegory for grief, and on that count it works. But how can a director capable of such ideas fail to notice that his actors stumble over his lines, or how often elements that should be serious are instead atonal and silly?

4. Nurlita Hapsari's rating of the film The Village

omg. I love this kind of movie

5. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Village

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Village

7. abyantama's rating of the film The Village

8. Tigrão's rating of the film The Village

With all said and done, it's impossible to deny Shyamalan's superb directorial talent. What a script.

9. Luke Spence's rating of the film The Village

10. Meastro0's rating of the film The Village

11. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film The Village

12. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film The Village

Really impressive film for me as an early teen. Miss the times when Shyamalan still made an effort.

13. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film The Village

Original and odd story about going your own way, earnest feats of love and critique of modern America's insultation through comfort.

14. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Village

It's the second time I watched Shyamalan picture and I brain-f***ed by this movie. Nice!

15. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Village

An underrated marvel. For all Shyamalan's detractors, on form, he is a master of suspense and characterisation.

16. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Village

"You have kindness in your voice. I did not expect that."

17. SafeStanding's rating of the film The Village

Gripping, thought provoking and clever plot twists - unlike a lot of his work that misses the mark, this is classic Shyamalan that delivers.

18. Sophia Park's rating of the film The Village

After investigating the urban myth, as well as the superhero myth, Shyamalan instead looks back to the origin of the American religious myth for social control before investigating myths altogether in Lady in the Water. This film is gorgeous and pensive but it confesses a bit too much in the latter half. Underrated.

19. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film The Village

First time i watched it i was like "oh wow i didn't see that coming". But then i realised this is Shyamalan's only thing is good at. And no one respects the guy.

20. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film The Village

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Village

A guilty pleasure perhaps-- the film is absurd in so many ways, underbaked, etc. But I was moved by it-- blindness and insight.

22. Emily O's rating of the film The Village

kinda distillation of white flight counterbalanced by love and stuff

23. QuincyArthur's rating of the film The Village

twist untwist retwist mysterious hole pennsylvania

24. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Village

Both hushed and hammy! Very stilted/ stylised dialogue that I found myself enjoying by the end of the film for its fairytale qualities. Good monster design too with the porcupine quills (as pictured). The twists are predictable (though they're only requisite box-office draw) and it doesn't add up to much, but it's enjoyable in its daft, earnest way. And I hadn't seen a film this strongly colour-coded in ages!

← Previous 1 3 4