1. ant's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

That third star is for Air's incredible soundtrack

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

3. Material Salva+ion's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

After all these years, I decided on a 2nd viewing of The Virgin Suicides to challenge my former indifference when I first saw it at 18. Everyone seemed to love it, except for me! If anything changed it was only for the worst; It magnified the futile vacuity of its content - a pretty pastel colored portrait of teen anxiety and sacrificed youth gazed at through the "cool" lens and numb eyes of Coppola's vision.

4. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

This is actually a comedy, an attempt to mine some levity from the conservative Christian values inherent in the American Dream (how else do you explain James Woods' performance?). Unfortunately, it's just not very funny, not dark enough to be a proper black comedy. The end result is something that feels awfully derivative of Ang Lee's The Ice Storm.

5. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

3.8 Stars. What it means to be alone and curious from the perspective of innocence?

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

7. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

8. Polish Slug's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

Not overrated enough. Coppola's ability to capture youth in its purest form is impressive. The colour palette, the photography and storyline are amazing. I could re-watch this a thousand times.

9. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

Im a sucker for movies about suicide and depression. I can relate but i also find it morbidly fascinating. Sofia Coppola never disappoints either.

10. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

11. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

12. jaume claret muxart's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

13. Monasteries's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

This film brings me back to being 12 and thinking I was edgy.

14. Doe Deer's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

10th grade was a very peculiar school year

15. marlonn's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

16. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

This one has a great score and displays flashes of talent from both Coppola and Dunst. Yet the story felt a little loosely weaved together and for that I blame the way the story itself is framed. In the end I knew nothing about the characters which lowered what was at stake significantly.

17. Luca's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

18. Marco's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

19. choupinet's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

The soundtracks by Air were lovely.

20. miles's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

Great first film from Sofia, what a vision she has.

21. truffraud's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

"the theme of the party was asphyxiation."

22. Sara Sousa's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

23. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

I can't get Kirsten Dunst's face out of my mind. Her character so intriguing and mysterious. I will never understand her motivation or action. Wow, I was stunned by this movie...

24. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Virgin Suicides

One of my favorite screenplays, the words are so beautiful

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7