1. Ann Burden's rating of the film The Visitor

2. Paul and Wade's rating of the film The Visitor

3. Renton47's rating of the film The Visitor

Before trying his hand at Oscar level "serious films", McCarthy was quite an accomplished filmmaker of understated drama; 'The Visitor' is an uncharacteristically quiet attack on institutional indifference. Both in the more obvious form but also in the apathetic subservience that can plague academics/individuals directing the lives of others. It succeeds, as we might, through showing pure humanity.

4. André Pereira's rating of the film The Visitor

5. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film The Visitor

A lonely widower happens to be involved with a immigration drama case in the US. His involvement allows him to extend his view on life. It is an interesting sample of how human beings can strongly connect in a common goal.

6. Puja Nandi's rating of the film The Visitor

Simple film with a simple message that is more relevant now than ever.

7. Daniel MacKay's rating of the film The Visitor

Shows the power of cinema...the ability to make the intangible, tangible.

8. lai-mai's rating of the film The Visitor

this movie made me a solid believer in Richard Jenkins - quietly and eloquently constructed

9. NenaNadine's rating of the film The Visitor

10. nowhere_fast's rating of the film The Visitor

11. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Visitor

This life changing story turned post-9/11 message-laden film is a surprisingly great look at immigration and the good and bad of it. Great performances all around, especially Jenkins.

12. Omnimog's rating of the film The Visitor

Just because this is good-feel doesn't automatically make it any good in my book. I find the directing, acting, editing, mostly anything about this film truly mediocre at best. The characters are the most unbelievable that I may have ever seen in any movie. Though one could wish the world to be like this and smile from the idea of it, the seriousness of the matters should not be taken this ridiculously lightly imo.

13. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film The Visitor

Extremly positive and hopefull.

14. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film The Visitor

The academic has finally come around to the conclusion that his life needs a meaningful direction after spending years of doing basically nothing. Initially it reminded me of About Schmidt - a coming-of-age story starring an adult. Unfortunately it took a different turn somewhere, heading towards the politcal post-9/11 / "white-guilt-for-treating-all-muslims-as-criminals" area. Just too much Haggis '04 over it.

15. Ana Claudia's rating of the film The Visitor

16. Slydon L's rating of the film The Visitor

always great to appreciate a film with a more natural and friendlier outlook on modern society. we need more please

17. stevengowin's rating of the film The Visitor

Ahhh. Now THIS is a movie. The Visitor, as with movies such as I've Loved You So Long, is a film that does not rely on special effects or enormous action scenes to tell a story. It works on literary AND visual levels. The acting is suberb and the film is a joy to watch. Too bad more folks can't handle the complexities of a story such as this.