1. nadnab's rating of the film The Wailing

2. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film The Wailing

3. tegarbudi's rating of the film The Wailing

White audience, particularly film dudebros, needs to shut their goddamn mouth. This movie is great. Full stop.

4. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Wailing

5. Wing Narada's rating of the film The Wailing

(3.5) Intense and twisty.

6. Lana's rating of the film The Wailing

7. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film The Wailing

great setting, the town came alive. felt along for the ride with jong-doo and was left at a loss for words by the end

8. LUCKYINTAN's rating of the film The Wailing

9. Makaila's rating of the film The Wailing

Great horror movie. " the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." It was a commentary on both shamanism & Christianity, about spiritual errors and tests of faith. Using religious allegories &cultural references, this film uses supernatural terror and mystery to captive its viewers.

10. atartinia's rating of the film The Wailing

If only it wasn't so darned confusing in the end.

11. jw's rating of the film The Wailing

Cutting-edge, without a hint of over-stylization. The Korean shamanic rituals were captivating to watch.

12. mariatavares's rating of the film The Wailing

13. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Wailing

I still don't know who to trust. FANTASPORTO '17

14. Jarek Tokarski's rating of the film The Wailing

Well, that was unexpected. Mixing genres is something typical for Asian cinema, but still surprises me. Story in the wailing is really creepy, and the "exorcism" scene - beautifull and well edited.

15. Lthm2's rating of the film The Wailing

People may chose the ocult or the light, as a bridge to the spiritual world; but they will still confront faith.

16. Andreina Requena's rating of the film The Wailing

Watched this at night. Big mistake. Funny, sad and just all out creepy. As a fan of the horror genre this is the type of movie that keeps the spark alive. Would give it 5 stars but I do think it drags at times, but I'm just nitpicking.

17. pintobean's rating of the film The Wailing

18. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film The Wailing

[3.5] Enjoy it Very much, some scenes were mind-blowing, but some hollows in the story are bothering me!

19. João Portalegre's rating of the film The Wailing

I had to stop a lot because my upstairs neighbor was in the mood for some very loud funk so that probably took some enjoyment out of this

20. Cartaphilus's rating of the film The Wailing

21. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Wailing

Na pitches the insanity to 11 for a visually stunning feature that feels at times like a Korean Lovecraft. Like other Korean films I've seen, there is no such thing as a steady tone, but this creates an uncertainty that, ultimately, does the themes justice. It does trip into some dangerous places, though, like casual racism and sexism and unChristian-ism, which is perplexing when mulling over the marvelous end.

22. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Wailing

I actually can't really sense much of a meaning beyond the circumstances of the movie; it it's about xenophobia, the ending implication might appear to be that xenophobia toward the Japanese is correct. Instead, I think it's probably best to leave it at the level of being a folkloric murder mystery that keeps one guessing about who actually can and can't be trusted, up until the very end (through natural tension).

23. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Wailing

Another masterpiece from South-Korean cinema. I didn't have any expectations before watching this movie. It turned out that The Wailing gave me something more than I expected. At first, I think this movie is just detective movie. Yes, this movie is a detective genre. But the filmmaker adds some supernatural, folklore, and biblical themes. If you love movie such as Memories of Murder, just go watch this good movie...

24. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Wailing

Was gonna give it five stars for great atmosphere but the ending confused me so much I had to look up the explanation on IMDb (where I found one).

← Previous 1 3 4 5