1. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Ward

Rewatched. It could be a lot better film

2. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Ward

"The long awaited return" of Mr. Carpenter turned out to be a non-event. Very hackneyed stuff.

3. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Ward

Sometimes even lowering your expectations to absolute zero doesn’t help you to enjoy a bad film. But you can’t blame only Carpenter. Even in his best years he couldn’t have turned such a crappy script into a good movie. The dialogue, the characters, the plot itself and its turns, basically everything falls flat. Truly I can’t find anything positive to say about this film.

4. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Ward

Part of me wants to hate this movie on principle, since its ultimate destination is the hackiest of hack horror cliches. But hell if it doesn't also prove that Carpenter can still direct, with an expert sense of motion, color, editing, and group dynamics. Even if he no longer seems to have the ability or inclination to land a noteworthy story, the spark is still there, and it shines when he sticks to the verities.

5. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Ward

Horror dall'ambientazione claustrofobica realizzata ottimamente e che riesce ad inquietare moltissimo. La trama appassiona ed analizza efficacemente la buona psicologia dei personaggi. La tensione è palpabile e la costruzione delle scene è ottima. La regia è glaciale e veramente ben fatta, con dei movimenti di macchina fantastici. I colpi di scena sono molto belli e portati avanti grazie ad un grande stile registico.

6. samuele90's rating of the film The Ward

Tutti i film di Carpenter sono dei capolavori. Questo è un capolavoro nel cazzo che me ne frega.

7. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The Ward

2 - Please, John, PLEASE make another film as soon as humanly possible; don't go out on this 90-minute brown note that is as apposite a capstone to your career as "The Gestapo's Last Orgy" is a eulogy to the horrors of World War II. Were it not for the muted colours and some nice shots, I wouldn't even believe this was really yours! This thing's plain as uncooked ramen.

8. FAKE_001's rating of the film The Ward

9. Levent Güçer's rating of the film The Ward

10. Polyglot's rating of the film The Ward

Girl, Interrupted 2: Freddy's Revenge.

11. Domenico Nicoletti's rating of the film The Ward

Non bisogna lamentarsi del finale che molti hanno trovato scontato. Bisognerebbe concentrarsi molto più sulla narrazione, che è a dir poco stupenda. Un film che parla della follia in alcuni tratti in maniera dolce e in altri in maniera molto crudele. Carpenter ci chiude in una stanza e ci sottopone ogni secondo a delle scosse elettriche provenienti dal lettino dell'elettroshock.

12. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Ward

13. courtneylesueur's rating of the film The Ward

14. sebekk's rating of the film The Ward

It put's the ''T'' in ''Typical contemporary horror movie from America''

15. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Ward

[Spoilers] The music is reminiscent of early Argento, but unfortunately the rest of the film reminds me of the Italian's more recent efforts. Clunky, poorly characterised and with a "twist" written five miles ahead in flashing neon for anyone who has watched "Shutter Island".

16. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film The Ward

John è tornato, con uno dei migliori horror degli ultimi vent'anni, meravigliosa la regia, la trama e i "personaggi"

17. Aksel Jensen's rating of the film The Ward

My John, My John, What Have Ye Done?

18. Movie Blabber's rating of the film The Ward

19. msmichel's rating of the film The Ward

Not the grand return of a horror master we all hoped for but an adequate if a tad old fashioned 'things that go bump in the night' exercise. Had hoped for more especially after the creepy 'Cigarette Burns' for the masters of horror series. This one a little light on scares and a bit obvious on plot with no performances really worth singling out. Best part pretty much the opening titles and main theme music.

20. Martin Sichetti's rating of the film The Ward

Regular. I still love J.Carpenter anyway...

21. Joseph Sylvers's rating of the film The Ward

Never thought I'd live to see the day when Zack Snyder would out-do John Carpenter in the female prison exploitation thriller racket. it's not the worst film ever, but from JC I expect more. good double feature with Svankmajer's "Lunacy" though.

22. Groovy Monster's rating of the film The Ward

"I believe... I believe... It's silly, but I believe."

23. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film The Ward

I went to college with one half of the writing duo. Great guy--all the best, brother!

24. rado's rating of the film The Ward

The sense of guilt suppresses the rebellious spark, until the ending puts a question mark on that idea. Solid stylish horror thriller, directed by a steady Master, but inferior to "Shutter Island".