1. Ramzi's rating of the film The Warriors

Not perfect but a very lean, striking film.

2. Maria's rating of the film The Warriors

kinda shittier than i expected bc i wanted it to be good but whatever

3. James's rating of the film The Warriors

Sometimes I wish I was gay again. Just like any normal day on Southern Rail.

4. jlesage's rating of the film The Warriors

I saw this in the early 80s and have always remembered it. Good to see it again and see that it's still a bit special. The story is very simple: get home alive, but I see it now as almost elegaic; more concerned with aesthetic, atmosphere and dynamic tension than story telling.

5. Superfrog's rating of the film The Warriors

6. ant's rating of the film The Warriors

The Warriors was all I hoped for and more. Great film, great soundtrack.

7. Josh's rating of the film The Warriors

This is so much more than it looks at first glance. Powerful, sexy and stylish, it never misses a beat. There's some incredible cinematography (look out for the subway scenes) and some spellbinding sound design. Highly recommended.

8. gld48's rating of the film The Warriors

heinous misogyny but a perfect reflection of its time

9. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Warriors

A gang have to make it back to their home turf of Coney Island with every other gang in the city, AND the cops, out to bust their heads. Despite seriously strong competition from many of his other movies, this may well remain the best thing that Walter Hill ever did. A simple concept is nicely fleshed out, and each adversarial gang is given a unique style and look, making each one memorable.

10. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Warriors

One of the most interesting features of the film is its liaison with the visual language of graphic novel tableaus. It is used as means of stylization unterlining the artificiality of the whole story. From the beginning this style signals that the audience doesn't have to expect a normal or realistic narrative but (located in a near future) a modern metaphor for mythic events, a kind of mythical journey.

11. That Geek With The Clip-Ons's rating of the film The Warriors

CAN YOU DIG IT!? It's just a fun, gritty action movie about survival and loyalty. And as my opening line showed, memorable lines.

12. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Warriors

13. Z's rating of the film The Warriors

This film's cult just grows and grows and deservedly so. Walter Hill pretty much perfected the B movie in the 70's. He takes pulp and gives it style, speed and craft elevating to it the level of art. His movies are highly democratic, no stars, everyone plays a part, everyone contributes to the anxious vibe. I watch this and appreciate it more. No fat, just momentum and great character actors relishing their moment.

14. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Warriors

(...)Ein typischer Walter Hill, denn auch seine ersten Filme waren ein gutes Stück weit entrückt von der Realität. Hier ist alles Mythos, Legende, ja lebende Statue. So sehr stilisiert Hill, dass jedes Leben aus seinen Tableaux herausgehalten wird. Es gibt grossartig choreographierte Szenen und viel Energie, wenn die Warriors aber miteinander sprechen, meint man, ein Märchen vor sich zu haben.(...)

15. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Warriors

Can ya dig it? Yes. Again, and again.

16. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Warriors

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Warriors

(4) It was so long since I'd seen this that I'd conflated it with The Wanderers (sat thinking "when do they meet the Ducky Boys?"), and I'd forgotten how great it is. A very enjoyable movie as long as you don't take it too seriously!

18. diiiiogorocha's rating of the film The Warriors

waaaarriooooors come out and plaayyy y aayyyy

19. strange_alive's rating of the film The Warriors

20. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film The Warriors

Well.. saya kangen main ps.

21. bearpurses's rating of the film The Warriors

i've loved rembrandt since i was fourteen

22. Ethan's rating of the film The Warriors

This is quite possibly the Citizen Kane of gang films. Walter Hill was always good with urban action.

23. James Mackin's rating of the film The Warriors

A really fun cult movie that I enjoy watching every couple of years.

24. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Warriors

This movie takes a detour so that the scummiest member of the titular gang can get beaten and arrested for trying to rape a woman in the park. I feel like that might be an indicator of something here.

← Previous 1 3 4