1. De La Ghetto's rating of the film The Warriors

If only my experience of gang culture in New York City was as colorful as this.

2. Joao Sobral's rating of the film The Warriors

3. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Warriors

Walter Hills best. Except for long riders. And the driver. Oh hell

4. Thomas's rating of the film The Warriors

Essentially a glorified B-movie. Not sure if it really qualifies for 'cult' status but there is certainly enough iconography and tropes to warrant the glut of its many subsequent imitations. With an almost guerilla style, Hill's rough and ready film-making helps to breathe an authenticity into its gritty world.

5. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film The Warriors

Cult cinema at its finest. The Warriors has stood the test of time not because of its technical brilliance, but because its dystopian vision of New York is so thoroughly executed. Every gang brings their own peculiar charm & the soundtrack oozes cool, all under the backdrop of a fascinatingly squalid 70s NYC closer to fact than fiction. The Warrior's hasn't aged too well, but you can still dig it suckas.

6. jxn's rating of the film The Warriors

you warriors are good. real good.

7. Joaquín Font's rating of the film The Warriors

Esto es un clásico desconocido. Simplemente estupendo.

8. Ramzi's rating of the film The Warriors

Not perfect but a very lean, striking film.

9. Maria's rating of the film The Warriors

kinda shittier than i expected bc i wanted it to be good but whatever

10. 'king Harold's rating of the film The Warriors

Sometimes I wish I was gay again. Just like any normal day on Southern Rail.

11. jlesage's rating of the film The Warriors

I saw this in the early 80s and have always remembered it. Good to see it again and see that it's still a bit special. The story is very simple: get home alive, but I see it now as almost elegaic; more concerned with aesthetic, atmosphere and dynamic tension than story telling.

12. Superfrog's rating of the film The Warriors

13. ant's rating of the film The Warriors

The Warriors was all I hoped for and more. Great film, great soundtrack.

14. Josh's rating of the film The Warriors

This is so much more than it looks at first glance. Powerful, sexy and stylish, it never misses a beat. There's some incredible cinematography (look out for the subway scenes) and some spellbinding sound design. Highly recommended.

15. gld48's rating of the film The Warriors

heinous misogyny but a perfect reflection of its time

16. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Warriors

A gang have to make it back to their home turf of Coney Island with every other gang in the city, AND the cops, out to bust their heads. Despite seriously strong competition from many of his other movies, this may well remain the best thing that Walter Hill ever did. A simple concept is nicely fleshed out, and each adversarial gang is given a unique style and look, making each one memorable.

17. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Warriors

One of the most interesting features of the film is its liaison with the visual language of graphic novel tableaus. It is used as means of stylization unterlining the artificiality of the whole story. From the beginning this style signals that the audience doesn't have to expect a normal or realistic narrative but (located in a near future) a modern metaphor for mythic events, a kind of mythical journey.

18. That Geek With The Clip-Ons's rating of the film The Warriors

CAN YOU DIG IT!? It's just a fun, gritty action movie about survival and loyalty. And as my opening line showed, memorable lines.

19. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Warriors

20. Z's rating of the film The Warriors

This film's cult just grows and grows and deservedly so. Walter Hill pretty much perfected the B movie in the 70's. He takes pulp and gives it style, speed and craft elevating to it the level of art. His movies are highly democratic, no stars, everyone plays a part, everyone contributes to the anxious vibe. I watch this and appreciate it more. No fat, just momentum and great character actors relishing their moment.

21. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Warriors

(...)Ein typischer Walter Hill, denn auch seine ersten Filme waren ein gutes Stück weit entrückt von der Realität. Hier ist alles Mythos, Legende, ja lebende Statue. So sehr stilisiert Hill, dass jedes Leben aus seinen Tableaux herausgehalten wird. Es gibt grossartig choreographierte Szenen und viel Energie, wenn die Warriors aber miteinander sprechen, meint man, ein Märchen vor sich zu haben.(...)

22. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Warriors

Can ya dig it? Yes. Again, and again.

23. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Warriors

24. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Warriors

(4) It was so long since I'd seen this that I'd conflated it with The Wanderers (sat thinking "when do they meet the Ducky Boys?"), and I'd forgotten how great it is. A very enjoyable movie as long as you don't take it too seriously!

← Previous 1 3 4 5