1. Renton47's rating of the film The Weight of Water

I'm inclined to think that the conceit, oscillating wildly between brilliant and misguided, is more fascinating than successful. The murder backgrounding familial jealousy, the inevitable yet still bizarre storm, metaphors from a far sillier heavy-handed film. But the humiliation at the hands of loved ones, the sexual repression and difficulty experienced by certain women in certain landscapes keeps the boat afloat

2. mjgildea's rating of the film The Weight of Water

1 1/2 out of 5 stars. While I'll admit The Weight of Water did pick up slightly towards the end, it was a case of too little, too late as it spent way too much of its running time up its own ass. Fair acting from a good cast with a dueling banjos plot. I'd say the Liz Hurley toplessness was worth half a star but that would just be grasping at straws.

3. orangey's rating of the film The Weight of Water

word of advice: if you really like Liz Hurley just google search her name plus an adjective. Boy is this worthless. Sean Penn ponders aimlessly because the plot has no direction, the cinematography would be acceptable if it was meant for an obscure music video. The only element that shines through is Sarah Polley, who proves she can switch from American to Slavic to Nordic to Canadian accents fluently. Bigelo=hack

4. Westley's rating of the film The Weight of Water

I'm more and more impressed with Kathryn Bigelow with each movie of hers I watch. She seems to be very good with lots of different genres, while still giving each of her films her own recognizable auteuristic stamp. With this film she does a great job with the slow-burn thriller genre; very Polanski-esque. The cinematography is especially good too.

5. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Weight of Water

6. Vanessa J Hill's rating of the film The Weight of Water

Lazing on a yacht in the Whitsundays rates as one of the most relaxing experiences of my life, so the marriage of languid sensuality and simmering intrigue melded with the yacht setting of the present day action of this film is a brilliant fit. The paradox of the sea is that its waters can be calm in one moment and then be churning in the midst of a violent storm.