1. isabel soares's rating of the film The White Diamond

2. SiIencio's rating of the film The White Diamond

A tribute to those early pioneers who first ventured into the realms of the skies, sometimes victorious, others fatally wounded, always chasing dreams with the zeal of children and lunatics. Paradoxically the White Diamond soon becomes invisible to our eyes like a dull zeppelin deflating rapidly, and Herzog finds himself wandering, fighting for breath, chasing minutiae and clearly fascinated by the waterfall.

3. samuele90's rating of the film The White Diamond

Quando si dovrà spiegare cos'era l'Uomo, basterà mostrare i film di Herzog.

4. ionosonde's rating of the film The White Diamond

an interesting premise, and herzog sets the stage well. but -- yikes! -- i found all of the characters to be very unpleasant to watch on camera...except mark anthony. he steals the show of the documentary 100%. he even breaks herzog's incessant pushing-for-more into bits when asked if he can see a whole universe in a drop of water: "i can't hear you". scene ends. wonderful. kid dancing near the waterfall was cool.

5. Alex Mitici's rating of the film The White Diamond

l-a pus pă ăla să zică replică din cobra verde a gândit el alt boşorog nebun

6. larsmars's rating of the film The White Diamond

my god, that shot with birds and waterfall in the end

7. anarresti's rating of the film The White Diamond

All the ingredients of the best Herzog are here.

8. knockkneed's rating of the film The White Diamond

probably my favorite Herzog documentary

9. nejurgi's rating of the film The White Diamond

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL VIEW, IT HAS THE SUNSET AND THERE IS THE BALOON, JUST FLOATIN' AROUND AIMLESSLY YEAH IT'S BEAUTIFUL IT'S JUST FANTASTIC. I'M SO FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO WITNESS SOMETHING OF A GEM.I'M A MINER MOSTLY THIS IS LIKE A DIAMOND-NICE BIG DIAMOND. YEAH I LOVE THIS THIS IS COOL THIS IS REAL COOL THERE IS THIS BIG WHITE DIAMOND JUST FLOATIN' AROUND IN THE SUNRISE, IT'S COOL. I DEDICATE THIS TO MY MOM

10. Serdar's rating of the film The White Diamond

I agree that this one includes all the Herzogian elements. Although this is not the best of Herzog, if you never watched Herzog before this is a good refined movie of what Herzog treis to -in his words "articulates"- express with his movies.

11. ䷀'s rating of the film The White Diamond

I cannot hear what you say, for the thunder that you are. – Marc Anthony

12. Joel's rating of the film The White Diamond

A haunting score and larger than life characters. Another Herzog master work of a Documentary about so much more than a man and an Airship. I can't stop seeing those birds diving in their unbelievable patterns.

13. shane buckland's rating of the film The White Diamond

Definitely my favourite of all documentary filmmakers is director Werner Herzog, and this is one of his best. Full of breathtaking imagery shot above the treetops of Guyana and the amazing Kaieteur Falls, where a highly aerial bird called the Swift lives in mysterious caves. The film takes on an almost spiritual dimension via Herzog's unique knack for finding human idiosyncrasies to aid his existentialist enquiries.

14. Inner Pattern's rating of the film The White Diamond

I think this is a pretty underrated Herzog doc. Like Encounters At The End Of The World, it's about many things-hopes,fears,dreams,regret and just life itself. It's a beautiful documentary. I'm going to give it a 4.5 for now but if you ask me sometime in the near future it could very well become a 5.

15. Nelson's rating of the film The White Diamond

Strong feeling of lightness.

16. Vex's rating of the film The White Diamond

great documentary about man was try to build huge balloon to exploring forest

17. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The White Diamond

Breathtakingly beautiful documentary follows another one of Werner Herzog's kindred obsessives, a man with a dream of flying a large balloon over the rainforests of South America.

18. Hecubus452's rating of the film The White Diamond

The long shot at the end is worth seeing the movie.

19. Adam Cook's rating of the film The White Diamond

Upon my second viewing, I've realized this is one of Herzog's strongest and most affecting documentaries. All of his themes line up here. Reijsiger's score is among the greatest ever composed in my opinion.