1. Sin título.'s rating of the film The White Sheik

2. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film The White Sheik

3. Carolina Frade's rating of the film The White Sheik

4. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The White Sheik

Sweet stuff: neat, clean and naively charming. The bounce of this early bloom contrasts sharply with the grotesquery of later films, yet one can still see the honest - not yet jaundiced - eye on humanity with all our foibles and pretensions laid out with kindness. Rota is straight out of the starting block in typically jaunty mode.

5. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The White Sheik

It's a situational comedy of sorts, but with a lot of real stakes and genuine emotional investments. Plus... it's a heck of a lot of fun. Fellini crafts his tale with light-hearted detail to character and situation. His narrative is tightly wrapped and his camerawork and framing is quite masterful. This movie is a delight and a wonderful example of Fellini's early genius.

6. Seesaw's rating of the film The White Sheik

Five stars for those who think humor is a secondary feeling

7. zubee's rating of the film The White Sheik

8. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film The White Sheik

Pure comic genius in every frame. Trieste’s Chaplinesque turn as the hapless husband clearly pays homage to the Tramp while embedding the slapstick within a multilayered world of fantastic characters that could easily be found in Alice’s Wonderland. Fellini always brings our attention back to his wonderful faces, framing them beautifully within densely packed scenarios where absolutely anything can be imagined.

9. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The White Sheik

3-3.5. Obviously not Fellini at his peak. But there are some absolutely wonderful moments to be found in this early gem. The initial conceit is very 'La Strada', but the way Fellini turns it on its head to believe better and worse of his (soon-to-be) usual archetypes is what makes this movie really special. Also, props for that surprise cameo from Cabiria, stealing the show as always.

10. Eric Adkins's rating of the film The White Sheik

It is Pure and Innocent... And the genesis of Cabiria is introduced. She's up to her tricks. So, going back in time, I feel I have missed this gem in a dream of Fellini's honeymoon period. In discovering his pure language again and the origin of his unique style of comedic acting... I find that no other is like him. I even saw M. Antonioni's name in the credits... Wow! I would love to read that treatment of origin.

11. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The White Sheik

Reminds me how much sweetness and generosity toward human nature is in Fellini’s work. Lovely to see it so unadorned, much as I love the later sardonic overlay that comes to (delightfully) bury everything.

12. Nick Potter's rating of the film The White Sheik

It's clear how important this film is to understanding the arc of Fellini, but not necessarily a point in the filmography to be highlighted for individual purposes. It's not bad, but it's more about showing early potential and progress.

13. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film The White Sheik

I'm smitten with the idea here of a goofily artificial fiction bleeding into Wanda's reality. 'White Sheik' also offers some splendid slapstick. But the lead male's a dimestore Chaplin, and the movie as a whole becomes a chore to get through. Maybe my final barb is unfair but the actual texture of the picture is shit, I've seen cleaner film from way earlier than '52. Good on Fellini for having fun, though!

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The White Sheik

Pretty amazing for a first outing. Comedies are hard to do, and that's why this was such a nice surprise. Everybody does a great job in this deft comedy of manners.

15. Loz Loory's rating of the film The White Sheik

3.5 If only Marcello had played the lead... Amazing to see Fellini's love of liminal zones--the beach, streetwalkers, theatre, the church--already so deftly handled. Fortunately, his later films do away with the tedious scenes before entering into this world, and also get rid of unfunny actors like the husband. The White Sheik on his swing is like the statue of Christ hung from the helicopter in LDV. Divine.

16. Qiongying Hux's rating of the film The White Sheik

Very charming comedy. Fellini's first solo appears much better than tarkovsky's IMHO.

17. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The White Sheik

Certainly the most accessible Fellini that I've seen. I was about to give up on him. The characters are irrational and don't behave like human beings, but I guess this is supposed to be a farce, so I'll cut it some slack.

18. Pierre's rating of the film The White Sheik

19. FISCHER's rating of the film The White Sheik

D'une mordante ironie, une oeuvre transalpine excellente qui pointe avec succulence, un certain lectorat populaire friand de cet univers factice ... www.cinefiches.com

20. Cartaphilus's rating of the film The White Sheik

21. bulgrin's rating of the film The White Sheik

Fellini in his fledgling stages already developing his very style. A somehow bittersweet comedy it has all you would expect when you're going to watch a Fellini movie.

22. B o g d a n's rating of the film The White Sheik

Nice intentions spotted, but the baroquesque drowned it in exteriorisations that cannot bring about atmospheric accumulations.

23. ermete polpette's rating of the film The White Sheik

24. eugenie de sade's rating of the film The White Sheik

i love fellini more than any shite and sound film bro has the capacity to understand