1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Wicker Man

2. blkrchs's rating of the film The Wicker Man

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Upon watching this at a Halloween screening my friend remarked that it was more "rapey" than her remembered - I completely disagree! It makes sense seem innocent and fancy-free and very freely and enthusiastically engaged it! The problem - the film posits - is when spiritual feelings and their rituals are cut off from the cycles of nature and institutionalised. But, we suspect, Lord Summerisle will get his. Campy?

4. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Wicker Man is nearly unmatched in shocking finales. While the mystery doesn't obviously have the same surprise in subsequent viewings, one can then better take in the themes. As an analysis on organized religion, it asks us if the more mainstream religions are truly any more different or wrong than paganism, especially if a cultural/societal Christ-figure is created. Even then, are these beliefs fiction or reality?

5. andretz's rating of the film The Wicker Man

6. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Wicker Man

7. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Surreal. I still can't understand why they even bother to remake this mindfuck and perfect movie into a total crap.

8. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Wicker Man

The misplaced optimistic tone of the whole island is what makes this so fantastically creepy. Pagan rituals paired with smiles, laughter, and dancing; and such a powerful and horrifying ending.

9. christian's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Crazy movie but I enjoyed it!

10. Paige Grand Pre's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Eerie take on rural communities and their rites, juxtaposing the idyllic nature of the tight-knit island against the undercurrent of something's-not-right-here experienced by Sargeant Howie. A wonderful reflection on Paganism vs. Christianity in the modern era, too.

11. Nacnud Schmalz's rating of the film The Wicker Man

12. The Boreal Chorus's rating of the film The Wicker Man

"Not being a horror film buff, I avoided this movie for years, thinking that it was simply a silly and compulsive cult-film fixation fest about closet-paganism run amok in the violence-saturated New Age West. A hippie-dippy witchy-woman musical that was anything but trite or predictable (but so obvious was its intention—or so I thought) that it fooled me right up until the last millisecond. Fooled again."

13. David R Williams's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Brilliant. Visionary. Haunting. Beautiful. Nightmarish. Comedic. Erotic. Not just a perfect horror film but a perfect film period.

14. Nomad4077's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Robin Hardy's The Wicker Man leaves a feeling of dread and hope during its shocking climax. The film runs through sexual discovery with the town's pagan beliefs giving the audience a view of the religion. At times, it feels like Hardy just wants to show you the way of the pagans, but showing the importance of one self's belief. Leaving you with question of your own beliefs and desires.

15. Corey's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Good movie. Weird stuff. Throughout the whole movie I was like "why is this called The Wicker Man??" Then at the end I got it.

16. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Brilliant slowly building tension. Such a masterpiece of horror centering around faith, belief, religion and sacrifice. The dread and insanity that builds piece by piece is fantastic. So good.

17. Myles's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Truly "the Citizen Kane of horror movies." Everybody steals from this funny, creepy, captivating little flop.

18. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Wicker Man

A genuinely original horror movie.

19. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Wicker Man

If Sigmund Freud really did say to Salvador Dali that "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar", what on earth would he have said to the poor, unimaginative souls who made this?

20. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Wicker Man

3-4. I'm somewhat torn about this one for the fact that it's not QUITE scary until its ending. It is generally low-key, with the film mostly being absent of songs, but for the evocative folk songs sung by the townspeople. I'm also not quite sure what to make of the final result of the conflict between the townspeople, which is clearly eerie, but ambiguous about exactly what it's trying to say.

21. Mark Tallo's rating of the film The Wicker Man

wow. The beginning made me feel comfortable and happy like listening to an old Genesis album. That's all I want to say.

22. Miche's rating of the film The Wicker Man

brings new context to burning man festivities

23. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Unfortunately, one of those films that I know is better than how much I like it, and I can respect that, but it just doesn't work as well as I wish it would.

24. Michael Vilabrera's rating of the film The Wicker Man