1. epiphany_moment2000's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Not frightening enough, not erotic enough, not mocking enough.

2. Carl Penguin's rating of the film The Wicker Man

idiots and beautiful women

3. Arf's rating of the film The Wicker Man

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Avec en allègre filigrane sonore quelques antiennes et comptines celtiques, éclairant les us et coutumes amoraux d'un insulaire microcosme faussement béotien, cette étonnante et fascinante œuvre délicieusement vénéneuse, devenue culte, reste un grand moment de cinéma d'une subtilité et d'un magnétisme époustouflants... www.cinefiches.com

5. josh scam's rating of the film The Wicker Man

a product of the anti-pagan agenda

6. diana's rating of the film The Wicker Man

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Wicker Man

A film that defies normal storytelling and combines elements of thriller, crime movie, folk music numbers and horror. It has an aura of realism through it and memorable cinematography. While it's ending can be said to be predictable there is something natural about it as this is the only way it could and should end.

8. Pango's rating of the film The Wicker Man

One of the best films of all time.

9. Banes's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Isn't christianity sun worshiping too?

10. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Wicker Man

11. blkrchs's rating of the film The Wicker Man

12. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Upon watching this at a Halloween screening my friend remarked that it was more "rapey" than her remembered - I completely disagree! It makes sense seem innocent and fancy-free and very freely and enthusiastically engaged it! The problem - the film posits - is when spiritual feelings and their rituals are cut off from the cycles of nature and institutionalised. But, we suspect, Lord Summerisle will get his. Campy?

13. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Wicker Man is nearly unmatched in shocking finales. While the mystery doesn't obviously have the same surprise in subsequent viewings, one can then better take in the themes. As an analysis on organized religion, it asks us if the more mainstream religions are truly any more different or wrong than paganism, especially if a cultural/societal Christ-figure is created. Even then, are these beliefs fiction or reality?

14. andretz's rating of the film The Wicker Man

15. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Wicker Man

16. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Surreal. I still can't understand why they even bother to remake this mindfuck and perfect movie into a total crap.

17. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Wicker Man

The misplaced optimistic tone of the whole island is what makes this so fantastically creepy. Pagan rituals paired with smiles, laughter, and dancing; and such a powerful and horrifying ending.

18. christian's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Crazy movie but I enjoyed it!

19. Paige Grand Pre's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Eerie take on rural communities and their rites, juxtaposing the idyllic nature of the tight-knit island against the undercurrent of something's-not-right-here experienced by Sargeant Howie. A wonderful reflection on Paganism vs. Christianity in the modern era, too.

20. Nacnud Schmalz's rating of the film The Wicker Man

21. The Boreal Chorus's rating of the film The Wicker Man

"Not being a horror film buff, I avoided this movie for years, thinking that it was simply a silly and compulsive cult-film fixation fest about closet-paganism run amok in the violence-saturated New Age West. A hippie-dippy witchy-woman musical that was anything but trite or predictable (but so obvious was its intention—or so I thought) that it fooled me right up until the last millisecond. Fooled again."

22. David R Williams's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Brilliant. Visionary. Haunting. Beautiful. Nightmarish. Comedic. Erotic. Not just a perfect horror film but a perfect film period.

23. Corey's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Good movie. Weird stuff. Throughout the whole movie I was like "why is this called The Wicker Man??" Then at the end I got it.

24. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Wicker Man

Brilliant slowly building tension. Such a masterpiece of horror centering around faith, belief, religion and sacrifice. The dread and insanity that builds piece by piece is fantastic. So good.