1. Scott Dubin's rating of the film The Wild One

Hopelessly dated film. Marlon Brandow plays a biker who rolls into a small town with his gang. He let's them run amuck, bonds a bit with a nice local girl, gets beat up by some upper class locals, a man accidentally is killed as he tries to escape, and he ends the movie feeling vaguely guilty about the whole thing. The thrill seems to be the taboos of the counterculture, but they have been exceeded by modern media.

2. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Wild One

Brando's iconic image and the film's place in the history of both film and popular culture totally outstrip the merits of the piece itself. 60 years on, it's difficult to get past its naive and simplistic portrayal of rebellion.

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Wild One

An iconic turn from Marlon Brando helps to lift up this slight tale of rebellious bikers unable to acknowledge that some of the other people they encounter aren't automatically "squares" out to ruin all their fun. Solid stuff, although many moments feel a bit clumsy and obvious.

4. SiIencio's rating of the film The Wild One

Propelled by the magnetic aura of a young Brando, already in iconic shape, the film is a critique of 50s conservative America, asphyxiated in many ways for its stance during the Cold War, fostering anger and resentment, a time that cried for its own overture to rights and freedoms. The film's symbolic value far outweights the clumsy shenanigans, the silly mischief and the clownish bravado.

5. squirrel eating a kebab's rating of the film The Wild One

I can only imagine the impact this film had on audiences upon it's release, particularly the young. While Brando gets kudos for his performance, I personally thought Lee Marvin was excellent. Avoiding the romantic cliche worked well but it still felt in many ways like an authoritarian judgement against supposedly empty youth culture.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Wild One

Film mythique par la composition de Marlon Brando, effarant de sensualité et d'effronterie ! www.cinefiches.com

7. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film The Wild One

_ Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against ?

8. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Wild One

The motorcycle gang film reference. BRANDO bright animal !

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Wild One

Pretty good film. Captures the teen angst of the era quite well, better than Rebel Without a Cause. Blackboard Jungle remains the definitive movie about rebel teens. Brando gives a fine early performance. Worth a look

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Wild One

11. Clara C.'s rating of the film The Wild One

Mémorable, les bikers, la musique, toute une ambiance. Tension face aux délires de ces casse-cous ! très bon film !

12. El Biffo's rating of the film The Wild One

Kind of a cheezy teenage movie, but I love Tim Carey. He brawls with Brando again in ONE EYED JACKS, too.

13. MS1915's rating of the film The Wild One

I just finished watching the film. Brando does an amazing job of making use of the dull moments. At first I thought it was a bit clumsy and I thought some of the acts the gang was engaging in were "cute fun". However out of know where there was a sucker punch of emotion and a deep symbolism to the film...And the ending...This was a film that made me sweat and sit on the edge of my seat. I'm still thinking about it.

14. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film The Wild One

Didn't this movie inspire the Beatles?

15. pontiac's rating of the film The Wild One

— A picnic? Man, you are tooo square.

16. parlakkarga@gmail.com's rating of the film The Wild One

17. Clarissa's rating of the film The Wild One

One of my favorite Brando movies ever.

18. OwainCai's rating of the film The Wild One

I enjoyed it, but it was too short to actually let Brando own the screen.

19. meancreek's rating of the film The Wild One

It's a shame that such a disappointingly mediocre and tedious film is the showcase to one of Brando's most iconic performances.

20. Zachary W's rating of the film The Wild One

Has some surprising moments of black humour, like the joke near the beginning about the race officials not wanting anyone to get hurt because the bloody would be slippery. It's just great to see Lee Marvin play a druggie burnout.

21. Charolastra's rating of the film The Wild One

So did the writers for this movie just sit in Harlem NY and throw whatever they heard on paper?

22. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film The Wild One

It feels like an 80 minute PSA of the dangers of motorcycle gangs.

23. Erik Villasenor's rating of the film The Wild One

dated but just to fun and cool for me to think about the film critically. Classic.