1. conspiracy's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Added to list of top 5 most boring films I've ever seen. God, old Catherine Deneuve is even more irritating than her younger version. But thanks for that red Porsche...

2. Juan Javier's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

3. christian's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Two stars for the cool red Porsche. Otherwise, one of the worst films EVER. Stiff artificial dialog for most of the movie (ps I'm French FWIW). Totally irrelevant dialog about drugs and also about Mai 68 (May 1968, time of upheaval in France). Learned nothing, enjoyed nothing (other than the red Porsche driving nice roads), pure waste of a movie. Only stuck to it to see if a miracle would somehow happen. Nothing! (((

4. Superfrog's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

First Garrel I really enjoy. The characters are reasonably interesting, the meta bits actuially talked to me and the the may 68/ post may 68 divide is interestingly studied.

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Sentimental, nostalgic trip about loneliness, love and struggle adapting to ever-changing reality. Also, this is a film about the 60s, the revolutionary days. About people, who had to forget about their ideals - or suffer life trapped in the past. I personally met such people, here in Poland, people who after the fall of communism couldn't or didn't want to change and adapt. Difficult topic, handled in a subtle way.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

A more standard narrative film from Philippe Garrel, this features Catherine Deneuve as a woman who finds temporary solace from her marriage in the arms of a younger lover. But temporary solace is never a replacement for genuine solutions to a problem.

7. Nan Bauer's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Garrel has a knack (and I don't know how he does it) for making mundanity—endless drives, long walks, lengthy silences—compelling. Of course, it helps to have Deneuve playing a woman whose insecurity about aging shows how little she values herself once she perceives that her beauty's ebbing. It isn't, of course, which makes her sadder. For me, the true star is Daniel Duval, a ferocious enigma with devastated eyes.

8. captainfez's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

They don't care and neither do I.

9. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

There's a maturity developing in Garrel's work. This film takes all of his earlier experimentation and uses those lessons to craft a more grounded and cohesive narrative. The storytelling is a bit dull here, but still it is a remarkable step forward. Great acting on display as well as Garrel's usual strong visuals and camerawork. It's not a film I will ever revisit, but it has strong merits and many will enjoy it.

10. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Grew on me. On the one hand, nothing irritates me more than (morose, slightly petulant, often French) "cinematic" emotional immaturity. On the other, maybe they embody it so I don't have to? Disillusionment, after all, isn't hard to relate to. ('68 being an eminently justifiable source thereof, so fair enough re their pouty.) Lesson: being a "grown up" is like being in high school, but with less life left in you. 3.5

11. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Boh come ti riduci a fare queste cose mi chiedo io.

12. Rodrigo Medel's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Wonderful film. The sense of place, intriguing dialogues that slowly contribute to reveal the hidden story. The meaningless existence of characters trying to make sense of the past that is already done.

13. crystal meff's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

life ..... and death....without cell phones.

14. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

At one point I inadvertently pressed pause and didn't realise for quite some time.

15. krishnan83's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Like a meditation that flatlines periodically! The precipitation of the unspoken existential crisis its main theme, but as it does not forget to focus on charm and remembrance (the 60's revolution, Blondin - to me his mention was incidental rather than a central pivot) or to dwell on the dull back and forth transition of Beauvois's character from lover to wannabe protégé, it kept me interested.

16. msmichel's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Performances are key in this subdued film about a young man involved with an older woman and who takes up with a former sixties radical pondering both his own identity and relevance while basking in the somewhat failed dreams and ideals of the other two. Deneuve, Duval and Beauvois all give strong turns here.

17. 'king Harold's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

A sad, poignant meditation beautifully composed. Deneuve shows her intelligence for doing this and makes herself all the more beautiful. Yes the lead looks a bit like Lou Reed and listening to the sound track I was thinking it seems from another generation,which is apt, considering the subject matter; melodies, instead of the dreaded 'sound design' you get now,then the credits; it's John Cale, ha ha, perfect!

18. rainerfloo's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

I enjoyed: the quietness, the philosophical jaunts, the sense of place, the odd but perfect framing decisions. I did not enjoy: the Deneuve character is a cartoon of pitifulness, the score is dated and even laughable at points.

19. Gino Eelen's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Sad story about people who think they are alone. Catherine Deneuve beautiful as ever, her eyes a perfect match for the mood of the movie.

20. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Nice sentimental tricks but it never blossom into anything more than deep solipsism and melancholy. A wasted opportunity.

21. FISCHER's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Amer constat sans illusion de la difficulté de vivre, par des acteurs irréprochables... www.cinefiches.com

22. Geert's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

23. Pol's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Beautiful film. I liked the colors, the images, the conversations and the performance of the actors. At certain times was a bit slow, but I believe that was required to show the soul of the characters. Looking forward to watch more films from Garrel

24. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Wind of the Night

Cinema for adults: intelligent, formal, with interesting shots which miss the action for the viewers' mind to take over. A crucial discussion about Blondin reveals the plot. Beautiful!!!