1. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Very different from Miyazaki's previous works once it does not involve "fantastic" elements (the only unreal elements are the ones from Jiro's dreams). The Wind Rises is a celebration of inovation and creativity, one that's sorry about our ability to destroy in the most poetic way possible.

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Wind Rises

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Biography and personal project movie has tons of passion and dreams pored into every frame though the ending may feel a little too abrupt removing the film from the harder facts of life later on in the story.

4. seakat's rating of the film The Wind Rises

It's not only boring but sad

5. Samuel Righi's rating of the film The Wind Rises

6. Ben Nash's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Daring and beautiful. So typical Miyazaki.

7. Skygazer's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Damn you, Miyazaki, what a tearjerker.

8. Gabe's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Incredibly beautiful and well paced. I loved the characters. The only thing that didn't sit right was the ending with his wife.

9. Elise Stambul's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Grande poésie dans ce film de Miyazaki. Les personnages sont forts et sincères. On ressent de bonnes énergies, un univers dessiné parfaitement. "Le vent se lève, il faut tenter de vivre."

10. FISCHER's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Oeuvre magnifique qui malgré l'absence d'une forme de poésie plus fantastique, voire plus naïve, présente dans nombre de ses films précédents, au détriment d'un réalisme sombre, souvent dramatique et traumatique laisse perdurer, longtemps après la projection, une sensation d'apaisement, de sérénité et d'accomplissement que seuls les rêves les plus tenaces apportent quelquefois, discrètement. www.cinefiches.com

11. Marina C.'s rating of the film The Wind Rises

Sadly, this film didn't do it for me as much as any other of Miyazaki's craft-wonders... I didn't relate at all to the character or felt much empathy for him; tho, I was very sad for Nahoko and for what I felt, most times, as self-centeredness from Jiro. And maybe this is only to me but Miyazaki's anti-war message got a bit lost here - but nothing beats Nausicaa in that sense.

12. Luca Angelini's rating of the film The Wind Rises

13. ramasantputra's rating of the film The Wind Rises

This historical-melodrama swansong film is both dramatic and dreamlike, a very honest one from The Legendary Hayao Miyazaki

14. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film The Wind Rises

15. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Rather formulaic for Miyazaki, but indicative of his love of planes. He is at his best when pushing the envelope instead of simply embracing the studio archetype. Nonetheless, this is disciplined, articulate narrative cinema with historical verve and a depth of creation representative of a master of the craft.

16. mac le mac's rating of the film The Wind Rises

17. Kreg's rating of the film The Wind Rises

A perfect film for Miyazaki's step away from the medium. True to him, and extremely well made. The breathing effect before the earthquae made me shiver.

18. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film The Wind Rises

19. -REM-'s rating of the film The Wind Rises

20. rksw's rating of the film The Wind Rises

21. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Wind Rises

This is a bad movie. Not even the animation is enough to give it a recomendation. The romantization of illness and the objectification of women were so distasteful. If the messege wasn't so ingrained in the fabric of the movie it could've been saved but it is. Urgh.

22. Ege Okal's rating of the film The Wind Rises

I'm glad I watched this film right after I watched the documentary about it. It helped me understand the autobiographical aspects of the film as well as the Japanese psyche. Beautiful and heart breaking, hopeful at the same time.

23. Lucia0550's rating of the film The Wind Rises

24. Machupi's rating of the film The Wind Rises

Last one of Miyazaki breathtaking saga that rocked my whole childhood and truly changed my mind for ever

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7