1. klofter's rating of the film The Windmill Movie

As if a character out of a John Cheever short story came to life and attempted to make a documentary about their own life. As such, it treads well-worn terrain but does so in a touching manner. Ultimately, there are too many interesting ideas and dilemmas for the film to fully explore but as a testament to one conflicted man's life, The Windmill Movie succeeds.

2. Emily Piellusch's rating of the film The Windmill Movie

The voiceover was terribly tiresome. I didn't want a portrait of the dude. I wanted the film maker's interpretation of what the dude would've made if he were still alive. It could've been so much better And with al that leftover film, it still can be.

3. ashley george's rating of the film The Windmill Movie

Really enjoyed this film. Brought me to tears - the humanity and raw truth of a man. RIP

4. jim in austin's rating of the film The Windmill Movie

Angst in the Hamptons. A movie about a movie that never got made. A bit too much navel gazing but interesting as a period piece none the less...

5. Jalise's rating of the film The Windmill Movie

I found to be filled with dialectics. His point about the two woman, his anxiety surrounding his privilege, wanting something yet simultaneously being disgusted by it. Dialectics exist at every level in every human experience. Rather than this film being self-indulgent it gently displays tensions that occur in the process of film making and how these also translate into our own subjective conscious experience.

6. Mark's rating of the film The Windmill Movie

Not a great movie but full of life, especially of its regrets, choices, missed opportunities and fleetingness. Also a unique way to pay tribute to one's mentor and make available the forgiveness he never offered himself.

7. jonnyreding's rating of the film The Windmill Movie