1. ysbil's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Superb and great fun, visiting the island and encountering the people alongside with the director.

2. David R Williams's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Completely failed to hold my attention.

3. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

I started watching the film for the sake of the cute baby that I saw in the film's presentation. I liked the people I met on the island and what they told about their lives; however, I didn't like the attitude of the man who did the interviews. He seemed too bored all through the film.

4. captainfez's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Wake me when you've cast it.

5. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

(3.5 stars) The photography in this film is truly beautiful in the framing and shot selection itself. It's uniquely interesting because it is about a filmmaker scouting locations for a film and holding casting call interviews for high school students to be in the film. Also includes many chats with locals that he meets in his location scouting. So it's a movie about the preproduction of a movie. Pretty fascinating.

6. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Lovely and calm travelogue about a part of the world I knew nothing about. A gentleness pervades the interviews and lends a feeling that everyone is safe. Usually, there's a sense that the outsiders are coming to film and will leave a mess behind. Here it felt as though the people and land were being appropriately respected. Thanks, MUBI!

7. Renton47's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Not unlike another Mubi find, Moullet's Land of Madness, Leiva explores the geography in the hope of explaining something of its people and their history. The photography of the Chilean island is exquisite but the meta doco format feels aimless, the fictional film unexplored within the boundaries of the story being told. A shame given the camera invited into the houses proves engaging.

8. 2multo's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Magically beautiful! About everything and nothing and worth every second. Makes me grateful to be human.

9. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Loved the calm of this movie.

10. tinderness's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Leider habe ich den Film nicht zu Ende sehen können, die sozialen Rituale auf Chiloe hätten mich sehr interessiert.

11. mgaspa's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

Precioso, muy humano !!

12. -REM-'s rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

13. Rodrigo's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

The Latin American Fuocoammare. I'm quite biased, of course, but I found this one much more beautiful.

14. Lucas Granero's rating of the film The Winds Know That I'm Coming Back Home

He aquí un notorio ejemplo de confianza en el cine como dispositivo ideal para la exploración del mundo. Como si de dos operarios Lumière se tratara, la dupla Torres Leiva/Aguero va a la búsqueda de todas las historias posibles y casi siempre las encuentran, no sin develar ciertas tensiones que no solo expresan ciertos conflictos sociales sino que tambien renuevan una vieja lucha: la de la ficción y el documental.