1. Evan Schafer's rating of the film The Woman

"The film that shocked Sundance" ... yes, this is a proper tagline to accompany this movie, as it also shocked this viewer. Under the watchful, Hitchcockian eye of Lucky McKee as director, the film is as unsettling as it is suspenseful, leading the audience to a richly rewarding conclusion that will raise eyebrows with thrilling disgust and satisfaction. I thoroughly enjoyed this and think it should be witnessed.

2. Ash's rating of the film The Woman

a radical feminist horror sensation exploring issues like patriarchy, gender socialization, gender roles, domestic violence, female solidarity, and rape culture in the most extreme way possible.

3. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Woman

a number of compelling ideas that could've coalesced better with stronger characters. for what it's worth, I thought the lousy soundtrack was charming

4. teler_thriller's rating of the film The Woman

I keep thinking that the woman reminds me of Milla Jovovich (oh, no). But, she definitely gives me a bit creeps and the music....I feel like the movie is also a bit psychedelic. And all the metaphor things about the superiority and inferiority of man and woman just makes me wrinkled my eyebrows

5. Skinnedteen's rating of the film The Woman

The savage is wearing a necktie.

6. Absentia's rating of the film The Woman

7. andretz's rating of the film The Woman

o pior filme que eu vi nos últimos anos.

8. Rocco's rating of the film The Woman

Aside from the questionable music choices this was pretty solid. Yeah okay the social commentary is as subtle as a sledgehammer but kudos to McKee for pulling no punches. The end was almost adorable in it's profoundly fucked up way...

9. lupiter's rating of the film The Woman

if you're gonna make a dumbass movie about gender roles and mysoginy at least be decent enough to make good directing choices. this movie was like an offensive joke that left me pissed off as hell i wasted 100 min of my life?? bye!

10. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Woman

Crass and lurid but fiercely compelling. A more vicious, less humane big sister to 'Teeth'. Actually killing the teenage boy was a bold move and while IRL I believe strongly in restorative justice when children and crime are concerned... I nodded with grim satisfaction as the retributive justice unfolded in this fictional world. Also features one of the most monstrous on-screen patriarchs I've ever seen. Flinty.

11. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film The Woman

12. dani l's rating of the film The Woman

what exactly was this movie aiming for?

13. Manuel L. Boleyn's rating of the film The Woman

Exactly... WHAT? Bad plot, bad characters, bad script, bad actors, bad soundtrack and an horrible direction. Ew.

14. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Woman

15. sacajawèale's rating of the film The Woman

I don't understand if the soundtrack is only meant to break your balls constantly or if there's a lame, failed attempt to give a consumistic point of view to gruesome circumstances. Unfortunately you would think they're only the director's tastes. American-silly-pop-grunge songs for the entire lenght, no exclusion for rape. Really hated it, but managed through the final part which reassess the movie.

16. Tom Elce's rating of the film The Woman

I could rant for ages about this but I guess that would mean Lucky McKee wins, and when you make a movie this atrocious, you don't deserve to win.

17. Ed Benn's rating of the film The Woman

What an utter load of hollow nonsense.

18. film_lies101's rating of the film The Woman

Pollyanna McIntosh is the best grindcore vocalist ever

19. profondo_rosso's rating of the film The Woman

Wonderful... Great story, wonderfully put together, some fine acting. Lucky did it again...

20. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film The Woman

McKee's take on My Fair Lady. This film lacks any subtlety, but it quickly becomes clear that this film doesn't need it. Once you accept that it's an out and out comedy (albeit one I didn't laugh during) you can forgive it's bluntness and lack of subtlety. The ending is utterly cathartic and makes one glad (?) they sat through the rest of the horror. The camera work and acting are astounding...

21. João R's rating of the film The Woman

It brings so many questions and issues; some of them, you would be better off without. At some points, it felt like it was losing its way. Sean Bridgers' character is one of the most hateful characters I've ever seen. Some details could have been more explored in order not to be just hollow. It's original and powerful but, somehow, not truly effective.

22. NICOLE86's rating of the film The Woman

An interesting take on gender roles in our society. But the lighting, camera work make it fall flat and turn it into a b grade horror film

23. Oddly Dreamlike's rating of the film The Woman

24. Caris O'Malley's rating of the film The Woman

Really uncomfortable exploitation film with pretty overt feminist themes. I feel creepy giving it five stars, but it was thematically powerful.