1. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Women

Broad, course, vulgar, dumb. I hate this film, as entertaining (admittedly) as it is. No one survives. Why is it held in such high regard? This is surely one of the low points of the great George Cukor's career. He had too much affection for women to caricature them so cruelly.

2. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film The Women

Do you ever feel like you need a multiplicity of glamorous 30s-era girlfriends to gas you up because your boyfriend is being a total asshole? Well if you do then check out this flick and while you're at it maybe dump that sucker and get with someone who, I don't know, wouldn't have an affair with Joan Crawford and publicly humiliate you in front of your friends.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film The Women

I'll never look at another man.

4. Diego Carrera's rating of the film The Women

The original poster's tagline says "THE WOMEN: 'It's all about men!'" and the characters' motivations confirm it, that's the problem. I don't think it's that interesting to watch a woman's film about men. I'd rather watch a woman's film about women, so... Yes, great actresses. Yes, good direction. But the plot is boring and its machism is overwhelming. This movie got old decades ago.

5. Risya's rating of the film The Women

The ultimate chick flick!

6. eugenie de sade's rating of the film The Women

divine and better the second time

7. elenagallen's rating of the film The Women

Heaven knows it's marvelous being able to spread out in bed like a swastika.

8. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Women

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Women

The fast paced dialogue and the style of actors talking over each other reminded me of Howard Hawks a lot in the beginning. Very funny from the middle to the end. 4.5 stars

10. Samuel Donath's rating of the film The Women

3.5 A classic with a great cast. Very funny!

11. Quesera,sera's rating of the film The Women

man, I can't stand those gossip bitches. always stay away from them

12. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Women

Bitches be crazy. Great relationship advices flying by, tho.

13. Polyglot's rating of the film The Women

The girliest girl film about girls and their girlfriends ever made. Girls.

14. Marvin's rating of the film The Women

"There is a name for you, ladies, but it isn't used in high society... outside of a kennel." -Crystal Allen What was that about a swastika? Almodóvar learned much from Cukor. Glad I finally saw this film.

15. Marcelo Pereira's rating of the film The Women

16. axsaxs's rating of the film The Women

Rosalind Russell slays me. Also, I don't think anyone has done better crying-but-not-crying on the telephone since Norma Shearer; except for maybe Colin Firth in A Single Man.

17. Amateur View's rating of the film The Women

"Can we keep this between the five of us?" :D

18. MarcH's rating of the film The Women

"I did Mrs Potter at her apartment last night, that place looks like a reform school, those seven daughters of hers are absolute gangsters..." LOVE.

19. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Women

Without any men in the movie, Cukor still pulls off a great movie. He's probably turning over in his grave about the remake.

20. Arisa's rating of the film The Women

I'm sure anyone who was a part of it turned over in their graves with that god-awful remake that came out a few years ago.

21. chanandre's rating of the film The Women

[Cinémathèque PT #590: 35 mm] (2007)

22. Amy's rating of the film The Women