1. Linka's rating of the film The World of Apu

Increíble tratamiento de cámara. Muy difícil. Cinematografía tan fiel a la vida de esta comunidad indú que hasta la cámara les acompaña sentada en el suelo como acostumbran estas personas. Excepcional.

2. Ethan's rating of the film The World of Apu

It is astounding how much passion and intensity that Ray could put into his motion pictures with so much subtlety and delicacy, just capturing the naturalness of emotions and the harsh beauty of the world. A solid end to Ray's epic trilogy.

3. Walker's rating of the film The World of Apu

Loss and life. Despair and hope. A moving conclusion to an essential cinematic trilogy. Anyone who cares about the movies has to see Ray's work.

4. amandav's rating of the film The World of Apu

5. dionysus67's rating of the film The World of Apu

The capstone of Ray's humanist trilogy is another exemplary exercize in filmmaking and a work full of warmth and some dim hope following disillusionment. Gorgeously photographed its significations are conveyed with humble poetry. One can only be astonished at the visual anticipation of the tragedy that will befall Apu, the economy of means and the force of that scene's impact. Stunningly acted it remains unsurpassed.

6. Cristian Necșulescu's rating of the film The World of Apu

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The World of Apu

8.1/10 "Satyajit Ray's time-honored triumvirate definitely makes six hours worth your while." my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3GT

8. James Mackin's rating of the film The World of Apu

The wonders of the world are for children, and the terrors, for adults. All in all, a playful and pensive trilogy, a perfect portrayal of life.

9. saptarshi's rating of the film The World of Apu

the most mannered of the tearjerker trilogy built around the stagy acting of the good looking couple who went on to become superstars.

10. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The World of Apu

The third installment is the most romantic, erotic and optimistic of the "Apu"-trilogy and it feels necessarily so too. The entire absurd wedding that happen to turn into a happy marriage give us one of the more romantic and moving couples that have been on screen and the ending is hopeful making us feel that the bad circle has finally been broken.

11. Slow Immersion's rating of the film The World of Apu

3.5 - It took me way too many years to take the time and watch some of Ray's work, but I can see why he is regarded as one of the greatest filmmakers. Although his works aren't interesting formally, the worlds and characters he creates are very intriguing and visually they are great. I see that Kaplanoglu was heavily inspired by this trilogy and reading up, he acknowledged it. Both trilogies - monuments of cinema

12. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The World of Apu

The last of the iconic Apu trilogy, focuses on Apu’s adult life as a husband and father. Although tragedy does not escape him, it has a very satisfying ending to arguably the strongest overall trilogy in cinema.

13. FISCHER's rating of the film The World of Apu

Incontournable et plutôt édifiant sur certaines moeurs hindoues de l'époque ! www.cinefiches.com

14. ermete polpette's rating of the film The World of Apu

15. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The World of Apu

16. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The World of Apu

17. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The World of Apu

The Apu trilogy is more than the story of a life, but the story of many. It is as much about it's main protagonist as it is the people, particularly the women, who shape his life. It is his grandmother's story, his sister's, his mother's, and his wife's. Ray has quite a way with actresses it seems, and these women form the backbone of Apu's own story with absolutely excellent performances.

18. misu's rating of the film The World of Apu

19. kartina obskura's rating of the film The World of Apu

20. HSBilly's rating of the film The World of Apu

"apu!, apu!, hey, apu!" i won't forget that line.

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The World of Apu

Apu's suffering here resonates more deeply for me as I've lived longer, felt some of what he feels.

22. mikong's rating of the film The World of Apu

the faulty and reductive boundaries between world films as pigeonholes of their own culture is shattered by the power of the imagery of this and the two other films in the trilogy. the films are not just about india but us as humans. ray, along with ghatak, has given us these films as a priceless gift to mankind.

23. draftnymph's rating of the film The World of Apu

sweet, doe-eyed kajal - aloof and apprehensive. such a wonderful realization.

24. Drew Kelly's rating of the film The World of Apu

Beautifully done: a man content in the power of education learns the necessity of experience and practicality. And through these he eventually regains his passion for life, and wisdom, beyond education.