1. Aardsy's rating of the film The World's Greatest Sinner

Nearly unwatchable. But that's a design feature.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film The World's Greatest Sinner

There was only one Tim Carey. He brawled with Brando in The Wild One, and again with him in One Eyed Jacks, he was in a couple of great Cassavetes films, Kubrick's The Killing, and Convicts 4 with Ben Gazzara and Sammy Davis, Jr., but this work is his own. Written by, directed by, and starring the great, inimitable, Tim Carey. Soundtrack by Frank Zappa. See it if you can, it wasn't easy for me to find!

3. chris naughton's rating of the film The World's Greatest Sinner

This film is essential. It's pure DIY filmmaking - in the sense of getting some kind of photographic tool and saying I'm going to use this thing to react and respond to the world. Same impulse of Herzog or Cassavetes or any other non-careerist artist. Skill or craft not as important as its ferocity of ideas or its be-spirited-ness. Can a man be a god? Carey made a film about the black heart of the american dream.

4. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film The World's Greatest Sinner

I always love when a movie feels like a great personality directed it, especially when the movie exhibits notable flaws. Through its roughness, I found a deeply maddening movie that completely exists on the fringe. Who needs a budget, when you have Timothy Carey battling god?? And who better than Timothy Carey to battle god?? Surrealistic, Buneulian Absurdity, Imaginative Storytelling... long live the DIY SPIRIT!

5. livedo's rating of the film The World's Greatest Sinner

Criminally underexposed movie, one part 1950s Elvis concert, Nazi war parade with a dash of Charles Manson and Jodorowsky-esque religious motifs. Def worth the d/l time and watching it on your computer. TIn Carey was a genius, who never had the chance to finish any of his projects but this one. My only gripe is all the sexy parts being cut off.

6. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The World's Greatest Sinner

Bizarre no-budget effort is made watchable only by Timothy Carey's strange presence and the surreal quality of the amateurish lighting and production design. It gets off to an interesting start, but even at 80 minutes, it's way too long and about halfway through degenerates into a dull, pointless religious mediation. Music by Frank Zappa.