1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Wounded Man

Illustration pessimiste et troublante de la passion (ici dans le milieu homosexuel) qui donne un film d'une grande désespérance et d'une extrême solitude, ponctuées par la froideur et le sordide des lieux de l'action. L'intrigue et le propos s'appliquent ici à toute relation humaine. Chereau le dit lui même, le film traite de la passion et non de l'homosexualité comme problématique. www.cinefiches.com

2. Alex Ander 0's rating of the film The Wounded Man

coming of age feat. paranoia, lust and rentboys

3. José Neves's rating of the film The Wounded Man

"Desire list": The great Chéreau's film, a Genet filmed in Paris stations, a deadly adventure by night of eroticism and unspoken sex , wilder than death, drived by an obsession that only through cinema could become magnificent and, in this sense, a Sirk with explicit lyrics. Anglade and Mezzogiorno have an extraordinary physical and lyrical intensity, succumbed animals in a love-sex duel.

4. cindy's rating of the film The Wounded Man

I managed to watch this film last week and i have to admit that it had a lasting affect on me. The acting from the main character Henri was superb he really conveyed the longing and desperation of a lost soul loving someone who would never give him the love back that he deserved. The other characters i found equally as good too! This film is quite dark , but i guess this reflects the depth of despair of Henri.

5. Dale Wittig's rating of the film The Wounded Man

By chance, a young man encounters an older hustler in the toilet at a train station when there with his parents to see his sister off. Jean-Hugues Anglade, as Henri, rapidly becomes obsessed with Jean, portrayed by Vittorio Mezzogiorno, to the degree that it becomes physically unbearable. The dangers of late sexual awakening, naivete, and isolation are made poignantly clear. Neither of them knows where they're going.

6. Samuel Donath's rating of the film The Wounded Man

A disturbing film. When I was a teenager, I saw a lot of myself in this film. For that reason....I will always remember it.

7. Matt Burgess's rating of the film The Wounded Man

Depressing, sexy queer French film about a lonely, awkward boy's sexual awakening. Knowing exactly he wants but clueless in ways to obtain it, he stumbles through life, falling hard for a cruel and self-loathing bisexual street thug and wandering around a grimy train station full of glaring hustlers, dirty old men and bums, desperate for love. One of the great unknowns in gay cinema, cringe-worthy in its realism.

8. SERGIOSANCHEZ's rating of the film The Wounded Man

i WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE, BUT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE ... MEYBE IF JUST Y WRITE SOMETHIN HERE... IN THE FUTURE I´LL SEE IT... :(