1. Vincent T's rating of the film The Wrong Man

Hitchcock makes his point too strongly in The Wrong Man, yet still after the screen is finished it's like I has just stepped into another universe and realized that all along I am here at the moment and the wish to become a film director is still ahead of me.

2. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film The Wrong Man

One of the few if not the only Hitchcock film based on a true story. Perhaps out of respect for the real Manny Balestrero / the real story, Hitchcock delivers his most subdued work, and as a result one of his most criminally underrated. Henry Fonda is dreamy.

3. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Wrong Man

Would be interesting to know how Hitchcock viewed religion. Here's a lovely film that shows the the power of prayers--with an obvious Catholic element (rosary, Jesus painting on the wall, etc.) It is also a film that reflects the director's childhood fear of prisons.

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Wrong Man

By watching this movie, I just knew that director Alfred Hitchcock ever made a movie based on the actual events. THE WRONG MAN is a true story about an innocent man wrongly accused. Hmm, sounds like Mr. Hitchcock favorite theme. No wonder, he has interest to make movie about it. It isn't as good as his other movies. Maybe because it lacks of dramatization. Some audiences might find this movie a little bit boring...

5. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Wrong Man

I can't stand that melancholy guy, dude. Somebody help him or get help, please!

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Wrong Man

>>> Du travail de maître, incontestablement... www.cinefiches.com

7. Endre's rating of the film The Wrong Man

The master of precise composition of wrong perception

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Wrong Man

Hitchcock's framing in this is absolutely stunning!

9. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film The Wrong Man

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Wrong Man

11. Maudealan's rating of the film The Wrong Man

The "this really happened" element are sort of annoying and jarring in what's an otherwise v effective movie

12. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The Wrong Man

This film is clearly Hitchcock projecting his real-life fear of the police onto the screen. This does mean you get some unnecessarily long sequences of legal procedure, as well as a hammered-in central point. But, mostly, Hitchcock utilizes the real-life story to create a rare suspense film of shocking, utter believability. Overall, its heavy-handedness is overshadowed by its realism and modern relevance.

13. marco's rating of the film The Wrong Man

14. cestrumnocturnum's rating of the film The Wrong Man

a good film noir, a better hitchcock.

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Wrong Man

****1/2 as it stands, but ***** if I block out the silly introduction and, especially, everything's-fine end titles.

16. Martin Wilson's rating of the film The Wrong Man

VERA MILES: Implosion 2 - Like VERTIGO, this film changes focus midway, but in contrast to Stewart's increasing neurosis, here Fonda watches helplessly as his wife slowly fades away. Unlike the conventional use of histrionics to depict breakdown, she just starts to shut down. It's further proof of Hitchcock's discernment that he was deeply impressed with this actress. She would have made VERTIGO even greater.

17. Justine Vernera's rating of the film The Wrong Man

The lack of twist was probably the most shocking one. This would be a well-deserved 3-star, 4th one goes to Fonda.

18. sax_and_violins's rating of the film The Wrong Man

it's such a shame that the second half of it got me so bored.

19. Poor Margo's rating of the film The Wrong Man

20. Nicole Richie's rating of the film The Wrong Man

there's no logic in madness. There was suspense in true facts after all, it was fate itself.

21. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The Wrong Man

I've rarely been more disturbed watching a Hitchcock film, even the ending seems wrong and inappropriate in a way. I think the film works perfectly because Fonda, Miles and the kids are so damn likable as the struggling middle class family, and Hitchcock's gift for exteriorizing psychological traits in small details has never been better, not to mention the striking real locations and his unimpeachable film grammar.

22. Blumes's rating of the film The Wrong Man

Very possibly my favorite theme song

23. animalcalls's rating of the film The Wrong Man

24. film_lies101's rating of the film The Wrong Man

Severely lacking in any suspense, hard to believe it's a Hitchcock film.