1. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Wasn't THE X-Files I'd expected.

2. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Eagerly awaited by X Files fans and an utter disappointment. If you are going to reunite Mulder & Scully after a decade, why would you pick this story as a means to do it? So dull.

3. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

just re-wachted it after yeeears... for a 40 minutes trip it would be okey - but as a movie for nearly 2 hours, nope. i anyway prefer more the stories about the alien plot & stuff.

4. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

I'm in the minority of X-Files fans who actually like this. I think it's a great character study of Mulder & Scully that gets at the heart of why they do what they do and how their separate paths are unsustainable as a couple. Interesting stuff in here.

5. Arf's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

6. taniaburrito's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

7. Igor Ramos's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

The problem with this film is that, plot wise and in terms of production values, it felt like just a regular monster-of-the-week episode from the series that was stretched to last longer. I found it to be a decent thriller, but at the time I was expecting something more. Then again, opening at the box office during the summer of 2008 at the same time as "The Dark Knight" was not a smart move in terms of distribution.

8. angiebasuki's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Scully, where's your shoulder pads?

9. Vlad's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Effective editing during the opening scene.

10. Dzimas's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

This is really nothing more than a television episode stretched into a film with barely enough suspense to hold your attention to the end. It could have been much much better given the interesting theme of Well's Island of Dr. Moreau meet Bulgakov's Heart of a Dog.

11. Mark Garrett's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

A shockingly good movie, it's flaws only add to the sense of grunginess, and fear

12. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

What a disappointing coda to such a wonderful series. I'd really like there to be a third movie, a good one. I want Mulder and Scully to be awesome again. This was just meh.

13. SmokeyPSD's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Starting to not feel so much the criticism with this that it's so standalone. It just happens to centre so much more on Scully for once. It's really quite beautiful after everything.

14. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The X-Files: I Want to Believe

About on par with a below-average episode. While not as polished as the first film, there's some effective atmosphere with some nice chilly imagery from director Chris Carter and cinematographer Bill Roe, and there's some solid performances - but the plot is awkwardly paced and bogged down by ponderous subplots. Maybe worth watching for die-hard fans of the series, but ultimately underwhelming.