1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

Close to Egyptian soap opera but it also feels ambitious and talk about subjects in a way few Arabic films dare do so thumbs up from me.

2. LibertyCapz's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

Definitely an ambitious piece of work. Multiple story-lines, different destinies all woven together by the connecting thread that is their relation to a certain building in Cairo. Pretty alright film.

3. Magdooss's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

Worst depiction of homosexuality in the history of Egyptian cinema. Shallow and bland. Alaa Aswany author of the novel turned film should stick to his profession and leave literature to others.

4. captainfez's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

The good, the bad and the corrupt.

5. beatrizatriz's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

didn't really like the way it adresses homosexuality, but other than that this movie is fire

6. Kacey Martin's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

My first Egyptian film (ironic, considering I've been to Egypt). I found it enjoyable enough but feel it would be a story better told as a mini-series or television show. A lot of confronting and controversial issues are touched upon but overall, the exploration of these topics lacked depth.

7. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

Felt like this was originally a series but cut down to movie format.

8. Angelika Arman's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

I can't believe this piece of cheesy work counts as cinema. Come on.

9. cyrikelly's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

L'être est fragile et l'amour le rend fort, merci M. MARWAN Hahed.

10. Accept No Substitutions's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

This is the most godawful worst, broadly-acted, clumsily-directed film I've seen since A Safe Place. I couldn't make it past the first 40 minutes.

11. Katherine's rating of the film The Yacoubian Building

The most daring and confronting Egyptian film I have seen (apart from 1971's Adrift on the Nile). To see homosexuality depicted (somewhat) sympathetically in a film starring some of Egypt's most famous stars was a revelation. This film, and the book it was based on, were hugely successful in Egypt. I am quite amazed that neither were banned - perhaps a glimmer of hope that society there is opening up a little?