1. Steve McGee's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

I would have loved to see this, but even though I had it added to my watch list I received no reminder that it was expiring yesterday... Considering how MUBI works I'll never see this!

2. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

You're more familiar with characters but the plot gets even crazier than before, so it's a fairly difficult juggle.

3. KATIEDEESE's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

I really love all of the villence in this film and the historical aspect of the plot. This movie is so much better in the battles without honor and humanity movie that I watched

4. shane's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

The movie spent much of the time explaining the back stories to many of Yakuza. The major conflict of the story delt with was Hirono and how he handled his bosses shortcomings. Uchimoto is a weak leader and often uses guilt to get what he wants from his men and is not brave enough to stand up for himself. This puts strain on Uchimoto and Hirono relationship to the point that they resent each other.

5. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

Less bloody, more muddy. Proxy War does two things exceptionally well: blatantly (and bravely) saying that mainstream politics, business and yakuza collude to serve their own interests - while emphasizing that even in this mire, these Battles Without Honor and Humanity have a rather misleading title. Honor occasionally rises to the surface, and with it, the humanity.

6. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

The middle film of the series and it's starting to find some cohesion, which is nice. Still the same style and fast "over-the-top" fights which have made the series quite enjoyable. Also some of the yakuza codes and history are starting to stick in this faux documentary style. Fun stuff.

7. HSBilly's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

8. film_lies101's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

The convoluted of the series so far, which does not make it a lesser film. If anything it expands the the yakuza world into a complex universe, this is a film that DEMANDS re-watching. The ending is absolutely heartbreaking

9. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

(2.5) This was a necessary re-watch before moving on to the final chapters because I felt it hadn't "sunk in" the first time, and it's because so much is going on, shifting allegiances and double crosses within the Yazuka families, requiring more explanatory narration than normal. Still a pretty good film though!

10. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War

This third part is very heavily focused on the yakuza politics. It seems like everybody switch sides every five minutes with consequences that become hard to truly grasp because there's just so much people involved. There's less action than in the previous movies and more well-dressed japanese guys arguing about who they're gonna side with and changing their minds in the next frame. It's still a pretty good film.

11. Christopher's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers 3: Proxy War