1. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

3. Absentia's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

4. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

5. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

6. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

an extra star to piss off the misogynists who think this is heavy handed but pasolini is profound

7. ZOLLO's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

Beautiful cinematography.

8. katballo's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

not un-enjoyable but pretty pointless. very dreamy, a little boring, lots of nice 70's wardrobes.

9. mpho3's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

In many ways, this film is a fail and clearly the work of a young director playing at but not quite succeeding in being deep and political. However, as an artifact of its time, it's rather alluring, and I've gotta say it has such a great look (thanks in part to Albonico's Techniscope cinematography). Morricone's score is a plus here too.The DVD includes a fun 26-min. Cavani interview worth seeking out.

10. Steven Cohen's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

Based on Sophocles' Antigone, there is clearly an aspect of governmental satire that didn't register with me. The film is a little cold. It's shaggy and meandering and it often feels like what's happening onscreen is some obscure metaphor that I am too dense to understand. But there is fun to be had; the middle third feels like a combination of Bonnie and Clyde and the chase at the beginning of A Hard Day's Night.

11. petra moonshine's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

12. jamesey's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

I had to brush up on the story of Antigone to understand what was going on. The story and visuals were weird enough to keep me interested rather than being annoyed. I know the film is supposed to be a political statement, but I find it to be more of a dystopian piece.

13. Michael Schmidt's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

I'm afraid it's a bit too much a product of its time--that time when simple was innocent and crazy was virtuous. I'm not sure what Sophocles would think of this.

14. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

15. nejurgi's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

16. Frank ViSo's rating of the film The Year of the Cannibals

Finalmente, questa perla del cinema italiano anni '70 mancava quì su Mubi! "Tiresia: tu ci vedi ma pur vedendoci non vedi in che abisso sei caduto..." http://visionesospesa.blogspot.it/2013/09/rivoluzioni-1-i-cannibali.html