1. Elena's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

La comédie musicale qui révéla Jacques Demy au grand public... www.cinefiches.com

3. mrpasquali's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

The perfect introduction to the bonheur of the 60s. Colorful and delicious, this musical movie directed by the great Jacques Demy and starred by Catherine Deneuve and her sister Françoise Dorléac will really make you smile.

4. panagiotatos's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

6/10, not so irritating as "The umbrellas of Cherburg", a superficial movie, but that's what musical is all about.

5. black frank's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

singing and dancing the two things i most abhor in film ..and yet I found myself charmed from the ' we are a pair of twins born under the sign of gemini' number .. there is enough irony and idiosyncrasy in the dialogue to make what could have been a dreary film into a great film ....I love a directer who is not afraid to use colour ..and here he does it so well

6. Bekriah M's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Cute musical, it must be more amusing for French speakers than reading the English subtitles. Enchanting colors and design, Demy has rainbow eyes.

7. captainfez's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

It's bright and polished and full of dancing and singing and I cannot manage to give a toss about anyone involved.

8. belemir's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Delirious, ecstatic, absurdist, delightful, wacky candy-hued indulgence, full of tongue-in-cheek hilarity, perfect choreography, giant hats, silly puns, rhyming dinners, Gene Kelly, a serial killer, and the astonishing Francoise Dorleac, in one of her last performances before her premature and tragic death that same year. A favourite.

10. mark phelan's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Fantastique! Though I must admit, commes les jumelles, I am un peu partial to a pun and repartee!!

11. em.'s rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

très jolie! warning for english speakers: lame subtitles!

12. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

This movie explains a girl I knew in high school so well. No one can dance except Gene Kelly, though they try, but he can't sing.

13. ninchok's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

I could've never imagined watching a musical and actually enjoying it. I don't even know if it was for the colours or the fact that the twins were geminis that I kept on watching. Whatever the reason, this is an overly delicate and beautiful film.

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

6.9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2JV

15. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

2nd watch. Wonderful movie, but no one takes care of Booboo!

16. s.birowo's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

High elegance covers with witty and spellbinding dialogues.

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

18. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

If this movie got magically transformed into a person it would be one of those girls that are so pretty, so well dressed and so gracious that they can get away with being shallow and not having much to talk about other than their puerile romantic aspirations.

19. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

this is cheesy and lovely at the same time

20. Aardsy's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Bright, beautiful, intricate and very French.

21. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

No one told me that Tati made a musical.

22. AALC's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Easy content, cheerful and naive characters. It is a booster for lazy Sunday evening. I saw it yesterday, but the song about 2 twins are still in my head.

23. Yaya Godhead's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Gemini twin sisters sighing, singing, dancing, smoking... This was really enchanting.

24. James Mackin's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Jacques Demy does Hollywood musicals, complete with Gene Kelly.

← Previous 1 3 4