1. amariliz's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

2. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

3. Renton47's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Yes please! Do I even need to watch another Demy? Just about the apotheosis of everything I've loved in his other work - style, charm, a love for people. A startling sense of democracy, here taken to absurd heights with everyone amounted their share of decency (including a serial killer). So far removed from the turmoil of May '68!

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Did Stanley Donen take a fake name and made a musical in France with Gene Kelly? After seeing this film you are excused in believing so as this is as close to a Hollywood golden age musical that we are going to get in French. Charming to the toetips.

5. Ludovic72's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

"Deux sœurs jumelles nées sous le signe des gémeaux" : chacun (ou presque) connaît la chanson des demoiselles ! Le mélange d'optimisme naïf, de kitsch et de trivialité, concocté par Jacques Demy et Michel Legrand, fonctionne toujours grâce au rythme bien dosé, aux chorégraphies et aux chansons rigolotes... et bien sûr grâce au charme des interprètes. Le spectacle rend assez nostalgique de la fameuse année 1967...

6. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Impressive cinema, masterful use of colour, framing, and camerawork. This film radiates the incredible 1960s vibe, the costumes are incredible. If you're not convinced about watching a musical, I'd suggest "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" - Demy's earlier film that feels more subtle, refined, and better balanced - with less prominent dancing/singing parts, unforgettable characters, and a more emotionally engaging story.

7. fada19's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

8. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

9. BUTTAUD's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

C'est tellement kitch que ça en devient terriblement culte! Les trois étoile pour le culte, les deux manquante pour l'insupportable.

10. Elena's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

11. FISCHER's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

La comédie musicale qui révéla Jacques Demy au grand public... www.cinefiches.com

12. mrpasquali's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

The perfect introduction to the bonheur of the 60s. Colorful and delicious, this musical movie directed by the great Jacques Demy and starred by Catherine Deneuve and her sister Françoise Dorléac will really make you smile.

13. panagiotatos's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

6/10, not so irritating as "The umbrellas of Cherburg", a superficial movie, but that's what musical is all about.

14. black frank's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

singing and dancing the two things i most abhor in film ..and yet I found myself charmed from the ' we are a pair of twins born under the sign of gemini' number .. there is enough irony and idiosyncrasy in the dialogue to make what could have been a dreary film into a great film ....I love a directer who is not afraid to use colour ..and here he does it so well

15. Bekriah M's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Cute musical, it must be more amusing for French speakers than reading the English subtitles. Enchanting colors and design, Demy has rainbow eyes.

16. captainfez's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

It's bright and polished and full of dancing and singing and I cannot manage to give a toss about anyone involved.

17. belemir's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

18. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Delirious, ecstatic, absurdist, delightful, wacky candy-hued indulgence, full of tongue-in-cheek hilarity, perfect choreography, giant hats, silly puns, rhyming dinners, Gene Kelly, a serial killer, and the astonishing Francoise Dorleac, in one of her last performances before her premature and tragic death that same year. A favourite.

19. mark phelan's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Fantastique! Though I must admit, commes les jumelles, I am un peu partial to a pun and repartee!!

20. em.'s rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

très jolie! warning for english speakers: lame subtitles!

21. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

This movie explains a girl I knew in high school so well. No one can dance except Gene Kelly, though they try, but he can't sing.

22. ninchok's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

I could've never imagined watching a musical and actually enjoying it. I don't even know if it was for the colours or the fact that the twins were geminis that I kept on watching. Whatever the reason, this is an overly delicate and beautiful film.

23. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

6.9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2JV

24. ap's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

2nd watch. Wonderful movie, but no one takes care of Booboo!

← Previous 1 3 4 5