1. mootz15's rating of the film The Young Pope

That fact that this series is so literate (occasionally too much so for its own good) is down to Sorrentino and his associates but the fact that it's so literary and surreal-gothic is down to the fact that the script borrows quite freely (and shamelessly given the lack of credit) from "Hadrian the Seventh", an obscure early 20th c. novel written by an ultra-Catholic English eccentric named Frederick Rolfe.

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Young Pope

A bejewelled Rococo bore stretching Sorrentino’s tendency for surreal scene-blocking over coherence of narrative into an epic of halting, disjointed visual caprice. Yes it’s visually assured but the more interesting elements of reactionary religious belief drown in heavy welters of portentously misplaced musical cues, an even heavier backstory and piles of Vatican intrigue the like we’ve seen before.

3. Moon in June's rating of the film The Young Pope

4. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film The Young Pope

Starts off really well in the first five episodes: a fascinating protagonist expertly played by Jude Law, amazing directing, a captivating soundtrack, set design, good writing and some purely cinematographic moments. But the series loose some focus after that and it really goes downhill from there and it does disappoint. The whole thing feels messy and incoherent as a whole series. That LMFAO (yes) scene though.

5. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film The Young Pope

Innovative, thought provoking, and a very skillful use of comedy.

6. Elena's rating of the film The Young Pope

Cherry Coke Zero for breakfast, The Sound playing in the background

7. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Young Pope

8. FCC 86's rating of the film The Young Pope

"In the end, my love, we have no choice. We have to find"

9. olívia,'s rating of the film The Young Pope

nem sabia que se podia gostar tanto do jude law

10. AliceR's rating of the film The Young Pope

11. mrpasquali's rating of the film The Young Pope

A marvelous exploration about loneliness, belief, faith (that amazing lie operating in many of us) and the lack of it. Cinematography is perfect, the script smart and Law and Keaton interpretations moderately brilliant.

12. mávros skýlos's rating of the film The Young Pope

13. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Young Pope

Ambitious television to be sure and Jude Law is great (why No Emmy nomination?) but I am conflicted by the overwhelming fact that this complex character deserves a 2nd draft in the screenplay dept. regarding what emerges storywise (especially in the last few episodes).Satisfying overall but it feels unfocused in the middle and Diane Keaton's part was underused although she was great given what she had to work with.

14. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Young Pope

This is cinema on highest level! Terrific, wonderful cast, without exception. Stunning camera. Exquisite set-up with enormous attention to detail. The story & storytelling is fabulous. Masterfully directed. Never boring, always entertaining; a delight. Paolo Sorrentino & Jude Law are an awesome combination. Masterpiece. I love it.

15. ninchok's rating of the film The Young Pope

July 4: I haven't finished it yet, but everything else I do apart from watching these series is done with the thought of finally going back to it. Not mentioning, that on finishing each episode I want to rewatch it until I no longer like it (which is practically impossible for a Sorrentino film). July 5: I believe films, books, paintings and other forms of art have to have love as their basis (this one does).

16. mimivulturul's rating of the film The Young Pope

17. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Young Pope

18. dunjatello's rating of the film The Young Pope

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Young Pope

This should give you an idea of what the Catholic Church was like at various points in history. The most unfortunate aspect of this evil pope is his power to work miracles, as if God was approving his behavior. It's a good illustration of "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." I realize it's a provocation, but I have no interest in seeing him again.

20. martaag's rating of the film The Young Pope

21. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Young Pope

22. Alex Mitici's rating of the film The Young Pope

telenovelă cu popa prostu + nişte sorrentino da prea puţin + cangur 2 steluţe ca la mort amin

23. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Young Pope

PURE SORRENTINO. I love you Jude, even when you're the pope.

24. Silvoieski's rating of the film The Young Pope

Wow, it's like House of Cards, but instead of Washington it's the Vatican.