1. BernardoL's rating of the film Thelma

Extremely underwhelming effort from Joachim Trier, who in my opinion has set the bar incredibly high with his previous films. It's the grace with which he directs that saves Thelma from being a complete bore. The imagery helps as well. But ultimately the narrative isn't compelling enough.

2. rcz's rating of the film Thelma

complessivamente boh... voglio dire però che mi piace molto, e voglio farlo notare, il senso di giustizia profondo che ha sempre Trier. tutto finisce come è giusto. Louder than bombs mi era piaciuto da morire

3. jenstor's rating of the film Thelma

4. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Thelma

Quantum entinglement illustrated, maybe? Thelma obfuscates its own waters with an overkill of familiar tropes, but still, it fitfully transfixes as it conducts some much needed axe-work on its title character's frozen seas.

5. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Thelma

A bizarre mix of Carrie and The Awakening that, alas, stumbles here and there: the symbolism and powerful imagery barely mask the weak narrative. Like most horror, Thelma is concerned about trauma, guilt, and forbidden sex. An underwhelming effort from the talented Trier.

6. gaporama's rating of the film Thelma

The story of a repressed young woman dealing with herself and her desire for the first time. The film is filled with love allegories. I guess you could say this is a coming-of-age story.

7. Silvia Bahl's rating of the film Thelma

Smooth, sublime imagery and a fascinating psychosexual plot shed a new light on the familiar topos of adolescent detachment and the subsequent chastisement with (religious) exorcism. Joachim Trier again changes his style but stays faithful to the precision with which he observes the whole range of interpersonal relationships.

8. nandafr's rating of the film Thelma

Eili Harboe is a darling! This movie leaves me into my own thinking for hours after watching it. Captivating scenery and score, tho I'm kinda tired of watching the same plot being repeated over and over again.

9. Duque's rating of the film Thelma

El final le resta puntos a este filme. Sin embargo Joachim Trier se mantiene. una filmografía interesante, sigo esperando su obra maestra, creo que no está lejos.

10. oooooo's rating of the film Thelma

11. Ionut Moldovianu's rating of the film Thelma

12. Matt Richards's rating of the film Thelma

Wow! What a fantastic slow-burn psych-thriller. Thelma is a beautifully restrained and tender work. It's also visually bold and surprisingly powerful with a main score that perfectly embodies the mix of yearning and unease. Setting it within a strict, modern Christian framework made the final turns so much more credible and refreshing. Great stuff! 4.5 stars

13. Traum Baum's rating of the film Thelma

Religious guilt can work miracles.

14. vordven's rating of the film Thelma

15. Absentia's rating of the film Thelma

16. Hugo Bonjour's rating of the film Thelma

I felt like I've seen this story being told many times before but I though it was beautifully done, even though I had higher expectations.

17. Emma Ikikeiram's rating of the film Thelma

Even though there's a few holes in the story I was swept away by the atmosphere, images, music.

18. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Thelma

19. nadnab's rating of the film Thelma

20. Moh de Mansour's rating of the film Thelma

Its a beautifully written film: raw, poetic, hypnotic, ferociously human with a pinch of surnatural that completes it, à merveille. Loved the actresses' acting. One of my fave film of 2017. Keeping an eye on Joachim Trier future films...

21. Anca.'s rating of the film Thelma

22. RumbleFish's rating of the film Thelma

Prima metà inutile e molto lenta, poi brividini. E poi sempre e solo lesbiche psicopatiche. Un paio di belle scene ben concepite (il vetro e il capello, il lago) lo salvano.

23. Loris De Santis's rating of the film Thelma

24. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Thelma

Another good effort from Trier. Stunningly shot, great soundtrack and an accomplished cast. The script however veers a bit all over the place never really settling. We have seen stories like this before about big themes such as religion, family, repression and sexuality, and eventhough this is a good movie with a stellar lead actor, the whole thing left me wanting more. Affecting and uninvolving in equal measures.