1. Mat Thias's rating of the film Teorema

although (or because) it offers a striking commentary on it's time, it aged pretty badly. probably fell victim to the canon: a film too important for its own good

2. lbunuel's rating of the film Teorema

Lesser filmmakers saw, in the implosion of the bourgeoisie, either a contamination of nihilism or a textbook Marxist revolution. Pasolini, like Buñuel, saw a religious exegesis. Rarely has the cinematic form reached this high, where social dialectics and spirituality blend so seamlessly. Theorem still manages to shock - not because of its violence, but because of its wonder.

3. Erik F.'s rating of the film Teorema

Provocative and mystifying.

4. Seesaw's rating of the film Teorema

Empty frames, filled with square of senses, waste land. Light through the clouds caresses over the land leaving no marks of evidence. Nothingness and life, woe and love. All is in the screen.

5. Anca.'s rating of the film Teorema

looks good but it just doesn't do it for me

6. B o g d a n's rating of the film Teorema

7. malbrown2's rating of the film Teorema

So much to say and so few spaces allowed. Mozart Requiem is a great piece of music. . once. Constant traffic noise in the background. . or is it the wind ? Bird calls don’t reflect the habitat. Acting . . . “sigh” Photography surprisingly good. Sooooo long. Even half a bottle of wine didn’t help. But Such an interesting story. Responses to “him” fascinating. 1968 and this movie must have been significant. Love it.

8. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Teorema

Probably the greatest "people come into your life for a reason" movie. Also my favorite Pasolini? I won't say it's accessible, but I will say there are a lot hot men.

9. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Teorema

"You're not destroying anything I had before, except my chaste bourgeois reputation. What do I care? But what you yourself gave me...love in my empty life...by leaving me, you're completely destroying."

10. captainfez's rating of the film Teorema

I'm pretty sure that's not how burial works.

11. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Teorema

12. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Teorema

13. alina.'s rating of the film Teorema

He just went naked to seduce God or he just crave liberation.

14. Quentin Carbonell's rating of the film Teorema

Beyond words, beyond poetry, a young man stares.

15. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Teorema

16. Pierre.F's rating of the film Teorema

Un film génial qui prend radicalement le parti de l'image au mépris de la constitution des personnages et de la fiction. A travers la critique de la société bourgeoise de Milan, Pasolini interroge notre rapport au désir et au mythe. Images inoubliables à la fin du père qui marche, nu, dans le désert et qui apparaît comme une figure à la fois christique et tragique.

17. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Teorema

Той крик в кінці фільму як водою крижаною обілляв.

18. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Teorema

New item added to my bucket list: must run nude in the ashes of Mount Etna.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film Teorema

Superbe film-parabole qui scandalisa certains culs bénits et autres teigneux bien-pensants de l'époque et qui reste, encore aujourd'hui, magnifique dans sa splendide intemporalité et sa rage iconoclaste d'une hypocrite et grégaire normalité... www.cinefiches.com

20. ermete polpette's rating of the film Teorema

21. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Teorema

My first Pasolini film... An interesting religious parody with amazing imagery... Made me think.

22. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Teorema

How could we be the same after something (anything) shakes ourselves from feeling the emptiness of society? Theorem dialogues directly with living inside bourgeoisie, and the man without a name is only a starting device: if a theorem is an assumption needing a demonstration, the stranger only demonstrates a spark of life within the death of individualism to capitalism's mass numbness. Very quiet, yet very disturbing.

23. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Teorema

It really caught Terence Stamp at the peak of his beauty. Who could not fall for those baby blues? This is a guide to recognizing your saints. #1 he's that guy who fucks your entire family, including you. #2 she's that woman up there in the sky. It's the destruction of the bourgeoisie, by God!

24. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Teorema

Rewatch of a 35mm print. Pasolini's best film...so many things you could say about it. While I've always thought of it as being about the symbiosis between people and their ideologies and institutions (sex norms, religion, capitalism, art, etc...how people are not only victimized or 'seduced' by institutions but so much so that they can't function without them)...

← Previous 1 3 4 5