1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Theory of Obscurity: A Film About the Residents

The archival footage was tasty and I like Hardy Fox's face but it is indefensible that the film contains more Penn Jillette than Molly Harvey! Also, I could have done with more focus on the album themselves. 'Not Available', 'God in Three Persons' and 'Demons Dance Alone' are my favourites and they nary got a mention. Though, to be fair, they *do* have a fridge's worth of albums!

2. bulgrin's rating of the film Theory of Obscurity: A Film About the Residents

The funniest about this it's them - conceptual continuity as Zappa said.

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Theory of Obscurity: A Film About the Residents

On the one hand, your standard-issue Basic Music Doc (talking heads, a bit heavy on a certain type of American male + concert footage + archive clips), with lurking "inspirational" undertones... On the other hand, The Residents.

4. Jason's rating of the film Theory of Obscurity: A Film About the Residents

Theory of Obscurity is a documentary that in no way does anything differently than these encompassing music docs can universally be counted upon do do them. However, it has the pretty significant advantage of being about The Residents.