1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

I did not like the background music choices, but I loved the B&W. As I was watching it, my sympathies kept shifting back and forth. Riva is a great choice for this movie because she has the ability to get sympathy despite her actions. I did see a little bit of the 2012 version, but I can't stand Tautou. 'Amelie' was not just a bad movie, but a horrible mistake for the entire industry.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

Une jeune femme, Thérèse Desqueyroux, mal dans sa peau, mal dans la vie tente d'empoisonner son mari. Acquittée, elle sera séquestrée par sa famille pour payer son crime. Parfaitement dans l'esprit de François Mauriac ! www.cinefiches.com

3. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time: Emmanuelle Riva, after speaking the words of Duras, now recites the words of another great writer, Mauriac, but Thérèse Desqueyroux lacks the fragmentation that was so cinematic to Hiroshima, mon amour, and the results are a fine but mostly conventional adaptation. Still, George Franju's gothic aesthetic and striking irony shines through.

4. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

5. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

6. Martin Wilson's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

Manages the curious feat of taking a novel written by a catholic, adapting it to the world-view of an atheist and all the while remaining completely faithful to both. Franju's control of tone is extraordinary. Riva is the perfect actress for this role, her haunting stillness is the essence of pure cinema. Noiret, as her husband, is equally superb. Here is a man, guilty of the ultimate sin - he is boring. He must die.