1. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

Audrey Tautou, despite not so much fiery, was able to play accordingly the role of a defiant woman who tried to escape to an inevitable fate by what she thought to be the only possible way. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/08/therese-2012.html

2. msmichel's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

Strangely uninvolving and emotionally barren final work by Claude Miller.Tautou seems out of her element as the title character with her character's motivation dodgy at best. Solid work from the craftsmen it's the story that lacks. A woman marries for property and financial reasons to realize she is missing passion in her life and when opportunity seemingly comes makes to change her fate with disastrous results.

3. Zesty Enterprise's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

The main character is odd but interesting. I really wished we could hear more inner monologue.

4. HEDONIST's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

Began well but grew tedious towards the end. Stylistically beautiful, aesthetically pleasing, but as others have mentioned, the narrative doesn't seem to translate well into the cinematic medium. Tautou does indeed seem out of her element and despite her best efforts, her performance leaves much to be desired.

5. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Thérèse Desqueyroux

Audrey Tautou takes on the challenging titular role, one which requires her to suppress emotions in lieu of expressing them, and she does so quite well. Miller's mise-en-scène is adept; the camera is always where it should be. What delighted me most about this film was the subtlety with which everything was portrayed, which some Americans might find frustrating. I, for one, appreciated the film. Bravo!